Here at Comic-Con, it’s common for movie studios to hype up their newest projects with cast panels and special footage that’s never seen outside the walls of Hall H. It makes sitting inside the massive venue a special moment — but it’s also frustrating for fans who may never know what attendees have seen.
One example this weekend was the Legendary Pictures panel. Not only did the company show secret teaser trailers for Krampus and Crimson Peak, but it also took the wraps off an extended preview of Duncan Jones’ Warcraft movie. In this particular case, there’s actually a decent reason why it’s not available online: the presentation took place on three different screens, with a near 270-degree field of view.
Still, you no doubt want to see it, and I’m here to help. With the aid of a Uniball Signo Micro 207 pen and a Moleskine notebook, I’ve recreated the trailer for you. So sit back, open your mind, and enter the world of Warcraft.
- Three different screens showed three different studio logos, for a 270-degree cinematic experience.
- Two orcs — Durotan and Orgrim — walk towards an encampment, chatting about how times are hard in their world.
- Durotan and his pregnant wife discuss what to name their child. He doesn't want to pick until he meets the newborn. She asks how he'll be able to pick if he's not home with them to begin with?
- A warlock or shaman pulls energy waves from the other two screens, summoning great power.
- A magic green portal / transdimensional pathway / Time Bandits door opens up.
- Our orc friend Durotan volunteers to go first.
- Meanwhile... humans clad in armor ponder their world.
- King Llane, whose helmet resembles a ferocious lion, also ponders. He thinks they must kill the beasts.
- Someone with mystical powers shoots a beam of powerful blue light from his hands, causing an explosion!
- Groups of orcs and humans run towards one another! This. Is. War.
- No. This is Warcraft. (Coming June 10th, 2016, to a theater near you.)