Skip to main content

You can buy James Bond’s Aston Martin DB10 — if you have Bond villain money

You can buy James Bond’s Aston Martin DB10 — if you have Bond villain money

Share this story

Perhaps the most famous star of the James Bond movies — other than Bond and his girls — is the Bond car. For Spectre, the 24th Bond film which was released last year, it was the Aston Martin DB10. And, if you have an estimated $2.1 million, you can go to Christie's auction house and buy the only DB10 that will be sold to the public.

The DB10 was a real car, commissioned by Eon, the production company behind the Bond films, and built by Aston Martin. The British car marque has a long history with Bond, appearing in half of the films released, going back to the iconic DB5 that debuted in the 1964 film Goldfinger.

They're so iconic that I once heard from an Aston Martin executive about an internal customer survey that showed a huge number — something like 90 percent — of its customers were influenced by Bond, with the exec jokingly saying that the company assumed the other 10 percent were lying. Bond has done good things for the British company.

The DB10, which we drove last year, took only six months to go from sketch to real machine, and this might be your only chance to buy it. It does include a special plaque signed by Bond star Daniel Craig, and a platinum award from the Aston Martin Works Assured Provenance scheme. That means Aston has authenticated the car's history.

it doesn't come with a warranty

Don't expect to blast up to the club in the DB10 if you pick it up, though. Though the car has a working 4.7-liter V8 engine and should be able to get up to 190 mph, it isn't certified or approved for use on public roads and it comes with no warranty. Still, it's a Bond car! You'll be just like Elon Musk.

The DB10 hits the Christie's auction block in February, alongside 23 other lots from Bond history, including the Omega Seamaster 300 worn by Daniel Craig in Spectre, the JB cufflinks worn by Craig in the film, and other items.

All proceeds from the auction will go to Doctors Without Borders and other charities.