Alden Ehrenreich and Harrison Ford photo comparison
- Harrison Ford on the set of The Empire Strikes Back suffers no fools.
- Alden Ehrenreich, seen here in Hail, Caesar!, is not intimidated.
- "What's this?" young Harrison Ford asks. "They cast an actor to play even younger me?"
- "Yes they did," Ralph Fiennes tells Ehrenreich, because I'm pretending Fiennes is some sort of inter-movie time traveller.
- Okay, okay, so we saw Ehrenreich be charming and hilarious in the last Coen brothers movie. But the true test of a young Han Solo is how he looks standing with a pair of cohorts.
- You mean like in this still from Beautiful Creatures? Slap on a black vest and you're halfway there!
- Okay, fine. But what about that classic Solo romantic charm?
- The smolder. Feel it.
- I get your point. Alden Ehrenreich seems like a pretty strong choice. But Han Solo wasn't just all about lookin' cool and being charming with the space ladies. There was a world-weariness to him as well. Just check out that hangdog stare!
- Well played.
- This doesn't really have anything to do with the comparison. I'm just including it because it's amazing. But maybe, just maybe, they're excited about the new casting, too.