Can a small group of committed activists bring down a corporation or a government? Recent hacks show that idea isn’t as far-fetched as it seems.
Next week, The Verge's own security expert Russell Brandom is hosting a panel on the politics of hacking, and we want you to be there. At this roundtable, experts from media, academia, and the crypto world will discuss the new role hackers are playing in global politics, and how it’s changed the world so far. We’re really proud of the panelists we’ve assembled (more details below), and it should make for a great night.
The roundtable will be held next Monday, June 27th, from 7:30–9:30PM at Story in midtown Manhattan, which is currently hosting an exhibit on Mr. Robot — RSVP here and let us know if you're coming. We'll see you next week!
The politics of hacking (RSVP)
Monday, June 27th, 7:30–9:30PM
Story (144 10th Ave. at 19th St, New York, NY)
- Russell Brandom (Moderator) – Reporter for The Verge
- Kor Adana – Writer and Tech Consultant for Mr. Robot
- Adrianne Jeffries – Managing Editor, Motherboard (and Verge alum!)
- Matthew Mitchell – Digital Security Consultant, Crypto Harlem
- Molly Sauter – Researcher at The Berkman Center, McGill University & author of The Coming Swarm