Star Wars Celebration tattoos
- After shaving Matt's leg, Adam freehands the design onto the skin, using a sketch of Kylo Ren's lightsaber for reference.
- The first bit of ink goes on (and in).
- Matt, however, remains supremely chill.
- The black and red colors are now complete. Luckily you can barely see the blood, thanks to all that red 'saber flare.
- Next: the other colors go, as well as the details on the 'saber's hilt.
- And voila: the final product. R.I.P. Solo.
- At the booth next door another fan gets a tattoo.
- Artist Rizza Boo on the appeal of her Star Wars tattoos: "You have a universe of stuff to choose from, and there's just so much nostalgia."
- The recipient: "I wanted to find something I'd not seen before, and I love the image of Chewie on top of the walker."
- Tattoo artist David Corden inks a happy customer.
- Chris Jones inks Adam Driver's SNL appearance as Star Wars Undercover Boss. (Side note: I saw at least three people cosplaying this character at the convention.)
- Tattoo artist Guy Tinsley tries out his first trooper. Why a trooper for a tattoo? "Because it's awesome," says the recipient.