I realize it's a very broad question, but I'd still like some input from someone who might have had experience with both.
Debating weather to go for
Lenovo Miix 510 (instead of SP4, because, in Europe, it's 400-500€ difference for 256GB model)
Lenovo Yoga 710
For 8GB/256GB/i5 configurations, Miix is 100€ less, but also lacks GPU.
But, Miix is also 16:10, though with smaller screen (12.2 vs 14).
2-in-1 advantages (miix 510):
- cheaper (900€)
- 16:10 screen, so more vertical pixels
- has a pen
- slightly more portable, I suppose
- can be used as a tablet
convertible advantages (yoga 710):
- bigger screen
- might be better for movie watching in bed/on the couch
- possibly better battery life
- has GPU (though only 940MX with DDR3 memory)
- probably better kb (this might be a big one)
For someone wanting to get into coding as a hobby (simple stuff, no games or anything, probably Java), out of these 2 devices, which one would be a better choice?
I realize it's up to me to see which of these ring more with me, but perhaps I'm giving to much credit to some, and not enough to others?
I do like 2-in-1 flexibility, though, for all intents and purposes, a convertible might be even more flexible:
- movie watching in bed
- coffeeshop newsreading
- I rarely use my current small T100 as a tablet anyway
The only downside is that I do use OneNote quite a lot, and do some doodling, so a lack of pen on Yoga could be felt.
Can someone with experience in both form factors weigh in? Some other factors I am not considering?