YouTube has just revealed its most popular videos for 2017. The lists are broken down into Top Trending and Top Music, and were compiled based on views, likes, comments, shares, and more, according to YouTube.
The top 10 videos in the trending category were viewed more than 633 million times for over 40 million hours on Google’s video platform. Together they represent a zeitgeist of feel-good escapes that many people found so appealing in 2017. Here's your chance to relive those moments — or see what all the fuss was about — one last time.
Top Trending Videos
- Until We Will Become Dust - Oyster Masked (ตราบธุลีดิน - หน้ากากหอยนางรม) | THE MASK SINGER 2
- ED SHEERAN - Shape Of You | Kyle Hanagami Choreography
- Ping Pong Trick Shots 3 | Dude Perfect
- Darci Lynne: 12-Year-Old Singing Ventriloquist Gets Golden Buzzer - America's Got Talent 2017
- Ed Sheeran Carpool Karaoke
- Lady Gaga's FULL Pepsi Zero Sugar Super Bowl LI Halftime Show | NFL
- "INAUGURATION DAY" — A Bad Lip Reading of Donald Trump's Inauguration
- history of the entire world, i guess
- In a Heartbeat - Animated Short Film
- Children interrupt BBC News interview - BBC News
YouTube also revealed its top ten music videos for the year. Luis Fonsi's “Despacito” finally unseated “Gangnam Style’s” five-year reign to become the most-viewed YouTube music video of all time. Notably, six of the top ten music videos this year come from Latin artists.
Top Music Videos
- Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
- Ed Sheeran - Shape of You [Official Video]
- J Balvin, Willy William - Mi Gente (Official Video)
- Maluma - Felices los 4 (Official Video)
- Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like [Official Video]
- Chris Jeday - Ahora Dice (Official Video) ft. J. Balvin, Ozuna, Arcángel
- El Amante - Nicky Jam (Video Oficial) (Álbum Fénix)
- Jason Derulo - Swalla (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign) (Official Music Video)
- DJ Khaled - I'm the One ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne
- Enrique Iglesias - SUBEME LA RADIO (Official Video) ft. Descemer Bueno, Zion & Lennox
As Bill Wurtz famously said in YouTube's #8 trending video, "A long time ago, actually never, and also (now), nothing is nowhere. When? Never. Makes sense right?"
Yes, Bill, weirdly it does make sense. As 2017 winds down, that's exactly how I feel.