In case you haven’t been paying attention, the Fast and the Furious franchise has gotten progressively more insane and over the top with each installment.
Fate of the Furious, like most of the films in the franchise following Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his crew, is all about family. This is thrown into jeopardy when Dom is pressured by Cipher (Charlize Theron) to go rogue and he turns against his friends.
Here are all the ways that this new trailer proves that the eighth film will be even more bonkers than its predecessors:
- Hobbs (Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson) catches a grenade with his bare hand. (0:16)
- Cipher activating the self-driving features on a city’s worth of cars, unleashing them on the family. “There’s thousands of cars in this city and they’re all mine.” (0:47)
- A flood of said cars pouring out into the streets and out of parking garages onto traffic. (0:54)
- A group of people using Yves Rossy-style jetpacks to board a plane in midflight. (1:38)
- Tej (Chris “Ludacris” Bridges) finally gets to drive a tank. (2:02)
- A submarine joins the arctic chase. (2:16)
- Hobbs redirects a torpedo with his feet. Hobbs is putting in a lot of work in this movie. (2:22)
- Dom jumps his car over the submarine. (2:57)
This is gonna be good. Fate of the Furious hits theaters on April 14th.