Game of Thrones has never been about giving readers or viewers what they most want. Its author and screenwriters prefer to build fan expectations, then overturn them for narrative impact — and sometimes for pure shock value. And yet fans maintain hope that at least a few of the characters will reach a satisfying, well-deserved ending. That’s why there’s Game of Thrones Hope Chest, a new weekly poll where we put all our hopes together in one place. We aren’t asking what you think is going to happen on Game of Thrones, we’re asking: what do you most hope to see happen?
This week, we’re headed into the season finale, with a chance that we won’t see any more of the show until 2019. So this is our last chance for a little closure on the storylines continued or opened in this season. There are plenty of unresolved plot threads at the moment, and some of them, we’re absolutely guaranteed not to see wrapped up, like the undead menace in the north, or whether Cersei’s ultimately going to sell out her theoretical allies. But there’s at least a possibility that we’ll get some reveals on other dangling plotlines.
What do you most want to see wrapped up before the season hiatus?
This poll is closed
- 22%Are Arya and Sansa going to resolve their tension, or reveal they’re playing Littlefinger?(439 votes)
- 23%Will Jon’s parentage be revealed before the Dany romance goes further?(464 votes)
- 1%Ellaria and Tyene: alive or dead? Still in the story or not?(23 votes)
- 2%Where the hell is Yara Greyjoy?(37 votes)
- 8%Is Cleganebowl finally going to happen?(170 votes)
- 4%Will Cersei actually see that wight and believe in the undead army?(79 votes)
- 2%Is Cersei really pregnant, and is she really going to admit it’s her brother’s child?(33 votes)
- 4%Is Tyrion going to make a single good or satisfying decision this season?(86 votes)
- 7%Are we going to have a dragon vs. wight-dragon fight?(131 votes)
- 25%Is Bran going to offer some insight or information that makes his plotline worthwhile?(507 votes)
- 2%Something entirely different (tell us in the comments!)(39 votes)