In honor of our new wallpaper page, we are excited to announce a phone wallpaper design contest! The winning wallpaper will be featured on a phone in an upcoming phone video review on The Verge.
- Originality — we will do a Google image search...
- Creativity — make The Verge’s art director jealous
- Something that echoes The Verge’s artistic aesthetic
Here’s our color palette, but you can definitely diverge from this color scheme:
Throughout the duration of the contest, we will reach out to finalists for a high-resolution file of their submission(s) in the following format: PNG file at a minimum resolution of 2160 x 3840 pixels, 72 ppi, and RGB colors. Please be prepared to deliver it upon request.
How to enter the contest:
- Follow The Verge on Instagram
- Publish a vertical crop of your design on your Instagram page, tag @verge, and use the hashtag #VergeArtContest in your caption.
- No purchase necessary; open internationally. The contest starts on Wednesday, April 25th at 12PM ET and ends Monday, May 7th at 9AM ET. Contest open to those who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years of age and are registered members of Instagram. Void where prohibited. Click here for official rules.
- To submit a second entry for the contest, in addition to the steps above, follow our new @TheVergeArt Instagram page.
- Here’s a Facebook Live tutorial led by The Verge’s art director William Joel on how he created the Galaxy S8 wallpaper.
- Because we want to make this contest open to everyone, especially our international Verge audience, we could not include a physical prize in the contest due to the laws of certain countries that make running contests that include a physical prize very difficult. However, since we appreciate our Verge fans dedicating their time and energy to make these great entries, we’re planning on showing some Verge branded love back to our favorite entries (even the ones that might not win).
The winner will be notified via Instagram DM on May 8th. Good luck!