Hey guys! I was going to post this on PCs but this forum seems to be more active.
My work are looking to buy me a new machine for my new role doing video production (I work in house at a retailer's head office). I'm currently on a 2011 bottom spec Mac Pro which is struggling with basically everything and it's the size of a house, so I can't take it to shoots or anything. The video we shoot is 1080p (unlikely we'll be dealing in 4k any time soon), and the videos I put together are usually quick "how to" top-down videos as we are a craft supplies company. I'm just looking for something that I'm not going to wrestle with for 3 hours a day.
The company seems willing to buy me a new machine but I really don't know what I need. I personally use macs, and it's so easy to say "MacBook Pro" but I was wondering if there's an equivalent Windows laptop out at the moment that might do the trick (and save the company a bit of money that can then be used for some good external storage and other bits instead)
As an example, the entry level 15" Apple machine is £2,349 and is the following...
- 2.8GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
- 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 256GB SSD storage1
- Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB memory
- For a similar set up on the Windows side, is there anything out at the moment that's recommended? Ideally lightweight and not nasty cheap plastic (I'm too used to Apple's build quality, but am willing to compromise on this if it comes down to it)
- Any thoughts would be super appreciated!