Sony is celebrating the PS4 community with its annual Days of Play event — which offers a bunch of deals on games and PS4 hardware along with a limited edition blue-and-gold Days of Play PS4 console — from June 8th through June 18th. (Those dates happen to coincide with E3, where The Verge will be in attendance to bring you all the latest news from Sony and everyone else in the gaming world.)
Leading the pack is a $50 discount on the PS4 Pro, which will drop to $349. The PlayStation VR bundle will also get a price cut, with bundles starting at $199.99. DualShock 4 controllers will drop to $39.99 (from $59.99), and the PlayStation Move motion controllers will go down to $79.99 (from $99.99). The regular PS4 sadly won’t be getting a price cut — it’ll still cost $299 — but you’ll be able to snag it in that aforementioned navy blue color scheme, which I think looks rather sharp.
Sony is also offering deals on services and games, knocking off $10 of the $59.99-per-year subscription for PlayStation Plus and putting several PS4 and PSVR games on sale. In other words: if you’re planning on picking up games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn (and you should; they’re excellent), you may want to wait a week or two to save a bit of cash.
So far, the list of deals includes:
- God of War: $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN
- Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
- Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
- MLB The Show 18: $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
- Shadow of the Colossus: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
- Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
- Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
- The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN
We also expect additional sales on games in the PlayStation Store, but Sony hasn’t announced details on those yet.