The first official trailer for the final season of Game of Thrones has landed, and it’s clear that everyone is gearing up for the fight of their lives.
The main battle seems to be between Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, and all of the North as they prepare for the White Walkers’ invasion. Winter has finally come with a new enemy far greater than anything to the south of Winterfell. Game of Thrones’ seventh season ended with the revelation that the White Walkers now have their own dragon, which is sure to wreak havoc on the people of Winterfell. It’s a fight that Jon tried to warn Cersei about during last season, but she made it abundantly clear that she wasn’t interested in helping him defend the kingdom if he wasn’t ready to bow down to her as Queen.
The trailer also provides a glimpse at the rest of the Stark children, including Arya who has returned with a newfound bloodlust. Bran and Sansa are also in the picture, and they also seem to be preparing for war against an undead army.
Game of Thrones’ final season will premiere on April 14th on HBO.
Season 8, episode 6
- Game of Game of Thrones: season 8, episode 6, The Iron Throne
- The high and low points of Game of Thrones’ final episode
- Who were the people at Game of Thrones’ pivotal finale meeting?
- Game of Thrones’ series finale left some plastic water bottles on-screen
- The Game of Thrones finale was the most watched HBO show of all time
Season 8, episode 5
- Game of Game of Thrones: season 8, episode 5, The Bells
- Game of Thrones’ showrunners say Daenerys’ big decision was completely spontaneous
- A brief history of Cleganebowl, Game of Thrones’ best fan theory
- Game of Thrones’ final showdown comes down to what it means to be a good ruler
- Game of Thrones’ writers love their clumsy-fool characters and big, dumb gestures
- Most of Game of Thrones’ problems could be solved with therapy
Season 8, episode 4
- Game of Game of Thrones: season 8, episode 4, The Last of the Starks
- Game of Thrones’ latest episode left several important things offscreen
- The Game of Thrones showrunners say this week proves Sansa is a master manipulator
- Lore of Thrones: the history behind Tyrion’s ‘five kings and queens’ dig at Varys
- Is that a Starbucks cup in Game of Thrones?
- HBO confirms that Game of Thrones’ Starbucks coffee cameo was a mistake
- HBO quietly removed the coffee cup from Game of Thrones
- Romance is dead on Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones could be doing so much more with its big dragon metaphor
- For better or worse, the Iron Throne is Game of Thrones’ endgame
- Game of Thrones Hope Chest: underserved and absent characters
Season 8, episode 3
- Game of Game of Thrones: season 8, episode 3, The Long Night
- Game of Thrones has spent three years foreshadowing The Long Night’s ending
- Daenerys vs. Cersei: who has the resources to win the final game of thrones?
- 5 pieces of Game of Thrones history that paid off at the Battle of Winterfell
- No, the Night King is not a Targaryen
- Game of Thrones cinematographer: it’s not me, it’s your TV settings
- Game of Thrones could have taken a page from how Avengers: Endgame handles death
- Thanos and the Night King were fighting the exact same battle
- Westeros deserves a much better hero than Jon Snow
- What’s behind all the weird online thirst for the Night King?
- Game of Thrones Hope Chest: which character do you most need to see survive?
Season 8, episode 2
- Game of Game of Thrones: season 8, episode 2, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
- Here’s why Sansa and Theon’s reunion was so emotional
- Tormund Giantsbane’s ridiculous origin story is different in the Game of Thrones books
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms hints at Brienne’s fitting legacy
- There’s a major flaw in Winterfell’s battle strategy on Game of Thrones
- The fear of Daenerys Targaryen is setting up Game of Thrones’ final battle
- Why Arya Stark and Beric Dondarrion are frenemies on Game of Thrones
- Game of Thrones Hope Chest: long odds and unlikely endings
Season 8, episode 1
- Game of Game of Thrones: season 8, episode 1, Winterfell
- Game of Thrones’ new opening credits sequence holds a lot of clues for this season
- Lore of Thrones: Diving into Jon Snow’s history lesson from this week’s Game of Thrones
- In Game of Thrones, Jon Snow has to decide whether Daenerys is a worthy queen
- What Arya’s new weapon could mean for Game of Thrones
- The Night King’s eerie sigils on Game of Thrones could have a basis in math
- Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere was pirated almost 55 million times in the first 24 hours
- Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere recalls key moments from the season 1 pilot
- George Lucas helped direct Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere
- Under Chinese censorship, Game of Thrones becomes a mundane medieval documentary
- Game of Game of Thrones season 8 preview: meet the Verge teams
- Game of Thrones is no longer a game of thrones
- Game of Thrones: where to watch season 8 and how much it’ll cost
- How to get caught up on Game of Thrones — fast
- Game of Thrones fan video imagines a beautiful Arya and the Hound buddy comedy
- People are live-streaming new Game of Thrones episodes on Twitch every week
- Why we’re hoping for a big body count in Game of Thrones and Avengers: Endgame
- An algorithm has predicted who’s most likely to die in Game of Thrones’ final season
- We’re kicking off season 8’s Game of Game of Thrones fantasy sports league
- Game of Thrones Hope Chest: weirdest fan theories
Sign up for the newsletter Verge Deals
Subscribe to get the best Verge-approved tech deals of the week.