With so much news this week in different sections of The Verge, The Vergecast recorded two episodes to cover it all.
The first episode is dedicated to the policy news coming out of the 2020 presidential election. While the counting of votes continues, The Verge’s Nilay Patel, Dieter Bohn, and Adi Robertson discuss what steps social media platforms have taken to limit misinformation during the practice of democracy.
- Watch the great people of Philadelphia count ballots live
- Facebook, Twitter take steps to limit the president’s false election claims
- Twitter restricts Trump campaign official’s tweet alleging Philadelphia voter fraud
- Before the votes are fully counted, Trump falsely claims victory
- Twitter restricts yet another Trump tweet for making up election rules
- People are mistaking a Baltimore Orioles meme for an election misinformation botnet
- Facebook shuts down huge ‘Stop the Steal’ group
- YouTube says video claiming Trump won does not violate its election misinformation policies
- Democrats call on Twitter to suspend Trump as election results file in
- Massachusetts passes ‘right to repair’ law to open up car data
- California poised to establish a new privacy regulator with ballot measure win
- Uber, Lyft drivers aren’t employees after all, California voters say
- Portland, Maine has voted to ban facial recognition
In the second episode, The Vergecast pivots to gadgets once more. Reviews for the next generation of consoles are here: Microsoft’s Xbox Series X / S and Sony’s PS5.
Verge senior editor Tom Warren runs through his reviews of the Xbox Series X and Series S and details how they compare to Sony’s new console.
Oh yeah, one more thing: there’s an Apple event next week.
- Xbox Series X review
- Xbox Series S review
- Astro’s Playroom is the perfect showcase for the PS5’s wild DualSense controller
- The PS5’s new controller is amazing — here’s how it works
- Sony confirms the PS5 won’t support SSD storage expansion at launch
- Best Buy says next-gen Xbox and PS5 consoles will only be sold online for entire holiday season
- Sony strongly urges gamers not to line up at stores on PS5 release date
- Sony shows how much easier logging into the PS5 can be, among other tutorials
- The different strategies of Microsoft and Sony’s next-generation consoles
- Switch sales are so good that Nintendo is raising forecasts
- Apple announces ‘One More Thing’ event for November 10th …
- Apple to Launch MacBooks With Own Chips Next Week
- Making macOS run well on ARM processors isn’t the hard part
- Microsoft’s rougher ride in a similar transition could provide some lessons for Apple
- Fortnite will reportedly be playable on iOS again through Nvidia’s GeForce Now
- Sizing up the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max
- DJI’s palm-sized Mini 2 drone flies further and shoots 4K for $449
The Vergecast /
The podcast you need to make sense of the week in tech news