In yet another week dominated by coronavirus news, The Vergecast is offering an audio reprieve for 90 minutes to discuss some lighter topics in the world of consumer tech. It’s okay to take a break!
This week on the show, executive editor of The Verge Dieter Bohn highlights his review for Samsung’s Galaxy S20 and S20 Plus. Are they the best Android phones on the market today?
In the second half of the show, the crew lays out all of the gadget rumors leaked this week: iOS 14 bringing a new home screen view, watchOS 7’s new features including sleep tracking, some Pixel 4A specs, and a couple more surprises.
There’s a whole lot more in between all of that — like the threat of Google revoking Android TV licenses and Paul’s weekly segment “Show me the metaverse, Mr. Sweeney” — so listen through to hear it all.
Stories discussed this week:
- Dr Disrespect is the villain who could change the future of TV
- This backpack has it all: Kevlar, batteries, and a federal investigation
- The art and craft of scientific glassblowing
- Samsung Galaxy S20 review: just right
- Leaked watchOS 7 code reveals new ‘International’ watchface
- Apple watchOS 7 features leak: sleep tracking, watchface sharing, and more
- Apple Watches may soon detect blood oxygen levels
- More iOS 14 leaks hint at next Apple hardware and a new home screen view
- iOS 14 will reportedly have improved mouse cursor support
- New MacBook models with scissor-switch keyboards are reportedly coming soon
- Google Pixel 4A hands-on reveals specs, camera, and a possible release window
- Google can reportedly revoke Android licenses if TV makers also partner with Amazon
- A sneaky attempt to end encryption is worming its way through Congress
- Congress takes aim at Google search in antitrust hearing
The Vergecast /
Weekly tech roundup and interviews with major figures from the tech world.