It’s difficult to try to keep things normal when the situation isn’t normal — especially during global crises like the COVID-19 pandemic. One of those things includes adjusting our jobs to working from home, when we’re used to going into the office every day.
The Verge Guide to Working from Home 2021
How to work from home productively and comfortably
In these days of video conferencing, texting, and file sharing, it is thankfully possible for many people to move their workdays to home. In fact, remote working has been a part of many peoples’ lives for years, so while the adjustment can feel difficult, it isn’t impossible.
We’re taking the tech expertise of our staff, and the experience of many of our writers and editors, to put together tips and advice on working from home. This includes both general information on working from home, dealing with video conferencing, and finding a good standing desk, but also quick tips on how to use Zoom to hide your messy room and how playing a soothing animal video in the background can keep you centered.
We’ll continue to add to this guide in order to bring you as much information on working at home as possible. Stay tuned — and stay safe!
- How to work from home
- What we listen to while working from home
- Our 14 favorite gadgets and hacks for working at home
- How to boost your home’s Wi-Fi
- How to use your DSLR or mirrorless camera as a webcam
- Canon now lets you use its cameras as a webcam with amazing video quality
- From The Strategist: My favorite adjustable tables for working from home
- How to help your remote workers feel involved
- The best wireless headphones to buy right now
- Soothing live animal webcams to watch while you’re stuck at home
- The best movies and TV shows to stream when you’re working remotely
Stay in touch
- The do’s and don’ts of video conferencing
- How to use your Android or iOS device as a webcam
- How to look your best on a video call
- How to change your name and add a photo to Zoom
- How to set up a Slack account
- How to use Slack channels
- How to send private messages and make calls in Slack
- How to change your background in Microsoft Teams