Google has discontinued its excellent, midrange Pixel 3A and Pixel 3A XL phones, and so it’s getting tougher to find one now, especially if you’re looking for a specific size and color. This wasn’t an unexpected move, but the timing isn’t ideal since the long-rumored Pixel 4A isn’t on shelves yet to replace it. And if you waiting for an XL version of the new phone, Google allegedly isn’t making one.
By discontinuing the Pixel 3A ahead of the unconfirmed Pixel 4A’s launch, Google has avoided the need to discount the 3A any further than its last sale price, which saw prices drop by $100 in the case of the 3A, bringing the price to $299, and a more significant $160 price cut on the 3A XL, down to $319. Unfortunately, current prices aren’t as low as they once were, and it’s not helped by the fact that sellers usually surge prices on discontinued items.
Even though the Pixel 3A is probably about to be succeeded by a better phone, there are still some good reasons to invest if you can get a deal. It has a great camera, especially considering what the competition at this price range is, or rather isn’t, capable of. Pictures that this phone can take rival that of the Pixel 3 flagship phone from 2018. The Pixel 3A and Pixel 3A XL can also work with every US carrier.
We’ve pulled together a few reliable storefronts that are still selling it new, as well as some good deals on refurbished options.
Where to find the Google Pixel 3A
- Amazon has all three colors of the Pixel 3A: purple, white, and black. It’s one of the only retailers offering a steep discount on a new model (sold through Woot, an Amazon-owned affiliate). Instead of $400, the 64GB version costs $335.
- Best Buy is selling the 64GB Pixel 3A new in every color for $400 unlocked or $300 if you activate it at the point of purchase with a carrier. This is the regular, non-sale price. If you want to save more, scroll down to the “Buying Options” section on the Best Buy product page to see if any deals exist on used, open-box models.
- If you’re okay with buying a refurbished phone, Back Market offers the Pixel 3A in black for $270. It has a one-year warranty and it is in “very good” condition, which the company says translates to “very light scratches on the body that are invisible from more than 8 inches away. The screen is completely intact and without scratches.”
Where you can still find the Pixel 3A XL
- As for the Pixel 3A XL, Best Buy is selling that one in black for $480 or $420 when activated, which is also full price. Like the 3A, you might be able to find open-box models for less by clicking the “Buying Options” tab further down on the product page.
- If you’re looking for the 3A XL at Amazon, only the black version is available new for $380 ($100 off) and sold through Woot.
- B&H Photo is selling the black Pixel 3A XL for $479, which is the original price.
- Back Market is offering refurbished versions of the Pixel 3A XL in “mint” condition for $310. This comes with a one-year warranty, and according to the store, phones in this condition have “no scratches and have exteriors that look brand new.”