We are fully immersed in the tech review season, and this week’s episode of The Vergecast proves it.
The Verge’s Nilay Patel, Dieter Bohn, and Tom Warren dive into reviews of Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 2, Microsoft’s Surface Duo, and Android 11. Two foldables reviewed running on Android — how do they compare? That’s why The Vergecast exists, I suppose.
We’re also coming into the game console season. The prices have been revealed for the Xbox Series X and the newly revealed, cheaper Xbox Series S, while the PS5 release date and price are still unknown. The crew breaks down what you are getting for your money when investing in these consoles.
And of course, an Apple event was announced this week. The gadget rumors are surfacing, and The Vergecast picks through them.
There’s a whole lot more discussed this week on the show. Here are all of the stories that were referenced:
- White House reportedly moves to eliminate COVID-19 security theater at airports
- Trump’s latest attack on Section 230 is really about censoring speech
- Microsoft Surface Duo review: double troubles
- How Microsoft built its folding Android phone
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 review: an extravagant success
- Android 11 review: features by the dozen
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming
- Microsoft’s new Xbox Series S is surprisingly small in size and price
- A first look at Microsoft’s new Xbox Series X console
- Microsoft confirms $299 Xbox Series S console
- Microsoft reveals Xbox Series S specs, promises four times the processing power of Xbox One
- Xbox Series X launches on November 10th for $499
- Your move, PS5
- Xbox Game Pass is adding EA’s Play subscription service at no extra cost
- Xbox Game Pass for PC is doubling its price next week
- A closer look at Nvidia’s new RTX 3080
- Apple announces ‘Time Flies’ event for September 15th
- Apple Music for Android contains mentions of rumored ‘Apple One’ services bundle
- iPhone 12: everything we think we know about Apple’s 2020 5G iPhones