Every Friday, The Verge publishes our flagship podcast, The Vergecast, where co-hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn discuss the week in tech news with the reporters and editors covering the biggest stories.
We’ve got a well-rounded episode of The Vergecast today with everything from policy to space to consumer tech.
In the first segment, Nilay and Dieter bring in Verge policy reporter Makena Kelly to talk about President Biden’s $1 trillion infrastructure package and what it can do to improve broadband access in the US.
In segment two, Verge senior science reporter Loren Grush joins the show to explain why Russia destroyed one of their own satellites with a ground-based missile and how it’s causing concern in the space community.
Verge Managing editor Alex Cranz stops by in segment three to chat about Apple announcing that it will start selling manuals and tools for repairing certain iPhone and Mac products at home.
Listen to the full discussion here or in your preferred podcast player.
Stories referenced in this episode:
- Biden signs $1 trillion infrastructure package into law
- Biden’s FCC is still deadlocked, and net neutrality hangs in the balance
- Biden’s pick for FDA chief works at Google
- Russia blows up a satellite, creating a dangerous debris cloud in space
- NASA delays ambitious human lunar landing to 2025
- NASA’s Moon landing will likely be delayed ‘several years’ beyond 2024, auditors say
- Blue Origin loses lawsuit against federal government over NASA’s human lunar lander contracts
- SpaceX’s Starlink reveals new smaller, rectangular user dish to connect to satellites
- Apple will sell you iPhone parts to fix your own phone at home
- The shareholder fight that forced Apple’s hand on repair rights
- Apple reportedly wants to launch a self-driving EV in 2025 with a custom chip
- The Balmuda Phone is a compact Android phone from a high-end toaster company
- Meta’s sci-fi haptic glove prototype lets you feel VR objects using air pockets
- Sonos finally adds DTS audio support to its home theater lineup
- Hyundai’s restomod Grandeur is the perfect EV for a supervillain
- Google explains the tradeoffs that led to Pixel 6’s slow charging complaints
- A look under the hood of the most successful streaming service on the planet
- Meta goes into lockdown
The Vergecast /
The podcast you need to make sense of the week in tech news