It turned into a car week here on The Vergecast. Transportation reporter Sean O’Kane and video director Becca Farsace joined Vergecast hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn to talk about the latest news in the transportation section at The Verge: the Mustang Mach-E release, the rumors around Apple’s car endeavors, and what’s next for Tesla’s product line.
Both Sean and Becca were able to drive Ford’s new electric Mustang and detail their experiences on the show this week, including the trouble with charging, using the latest version of Ford’s Sync 4 interface, and whether it actually feels like driving a Mustang.
You can listen to the full discussion here or in your preferred podcast player.
- Scientists want to know if vaccinated people can still become COVID-19 long-haulers
- If you’re starting an online class, check to make sure your professor is alive
- Volunteers built a one-stop website to find open NYC vaccine appointments
- Amazon will have a new CEO as Jeff Bezos transitions to executive chair later this year
- Bezos’ Amazon: from bookstore to backbone of the internet
- Meet Andy Jassy, Amazon’s next CEO
- Amazon’s electric Rivian vans will start making deliveries in 16 cities this year
- Ford Mustang Mach-E review
- Kuo adds fuel to Apple-Hyundai electric car rumors
- Apple and Hyundai-Kia pushing toward deal on Apple Car
- Tesla’s new Model S can go up to 520 miles
- Tesla Roadster production delayed to 2022
- Tesla agrees to recall cars with failing displays
- Tesla’s next car will seamlessly unlock with UWB, FCC leak suggests
- Don’t buy Teslas during a production ramp, Elon Musk says
- Another SpaceX Starship nails clean test flight, but explodes on landing
- Elon Musk’s shot at Amazon flares monthslong fight over billionaires’ orbital real estate
- The Alpha 1 is Sony’s new flagship camera with monstrous
- iOS 14.5 tries to solve Face ID’s mask problem with your Apple Watch
- HP’s Spectre x360 14 review: the best 2-in-1 you can buy
- Rad Power Bikes raises $150 million to grow its electric bike empire