Every Friday, The Verge publishes our flagship podcast The Vergecast, our chat show discussing the week in tech news featuring our reporters and editors.
This week, co-hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn talk to Verge deputy editor Elizabeth Lopatto about the rise in interest of NFTs. Elizabeth explains the basics of how NFTs work and what someone actually owns when a transaction takes place.
In the second half of the show, Verge deputy editor Dan Seifert stops by for a gadget roundup — there’s a review for the wild Asus ROG Phone 5, some rumors of OnePlus’ new flagship device, and the announcement of Sonos’ first fully mobile Bluetooth speaker.
Listen here or in your preferred podcast player to hear the full discussion.
Stories mentioned in this week’s episode:
- COVID-19 took disease tests out of the lab — and may keep them there
- People who are vaccinated can socialize together without masks, CDC says
- COVID-19 vaccine supplies are on the rise in the US
- Single-shot COVID-19 vaccine is popular at vaccination sites
- Artifacts from the first COVID-19 vaccination in the US are headed to the Smithsonian
- Meet Dr. B, the startup connecting people to leftover vaccines
- Beeple sold an NFT for $69 million
- NFTs, explained
- Of course John Legere bought an $888,888.88 NFT from Steve Aoki
- Jack Dorsey’s first tweet may fetch $2.5 million, and he’ll donate the NFTy proceeds to charity
- Sonos Roam officially announced for $169, preorders start now
- Sonos partners with Audi to bring its audio tech to cars
- Asus ROG phone 5 review
- Leaked OnePlus 9 Pro and OnePlus 9 renders leave little to the imagination
- OnePlus’ next phones will come out on March 23rd
- Samsung will host another Unpacked event on March 17th
- Apple reportedly overestimated iPhone 12 mini demand, by a lot
- Insta360’s Go 2 is a $299 action camera with a surprisingly powerful case
- The most powerful Wear OS watches are held back by Wear OS
- Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 review: AMD and Nvidia at their best
- Razer Blade 15 Base review: losing its edge
- Best gaming laptops in 2021
The Vergecast /
The podcast you need to make sense of the week in tech news