Every Friday, The Verge publishes our flagship podcast, The Vergecast, where co-hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn discuss the week in tech news with the reporters and editors covering the biggest stories.
This week on The Vergecast, Nilay and Dieter talk with Verge senior reporter Adi Robertson about the second week of the Epic Games v. Apple trial, which involved a lot of arguing over the definition of a game and whether a banana should wear clothing.
Both Nilay and Verge writer Monica Chin have tried to use Starlink, Elon Musk’s space-based ISP. The results have been middling — and infuriating if you think too much about why everybody is so excited for Starlink in the first place. Plus, Monica has the details on Intel’s newest Tiger Lake-H processors and the many, many laptops that are about to use it.
You can listen here or in your preferred podcast player to hear the full discussion.
- Getting hospitals ready for the next pandemic
- We may never know the exact toll of the pandemic
- Epic and Apple are now fighting over a naked banana
- Apple needs to show iOS allows competition... while justifying locking it down
- Epic v. Apple keeps coming back to the gap between ignorance and inconvenience
- Apple employees circulate petition demanding investigation into ‘misogynistic’ new hire
- ‘Misogynistic’ Apple hire is out hours after employees call for investigation
- Apple robbed the mob’s bank
- Infrastructure week
- A Big Map of America’s Broadband problem
- Starlink Review
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX inks satellite connectivity deal with Google Cloud
- Secretary Pete Butitgieg on the future of transportation
- EV charging in the US is broken — can Joe Biden fix it?
- The cybersecurity ‘pandemic’ that led to the Colonial Pipeline disaster
- The autonomous vehicle world is shrinking — it’s overdue
- Intel’s flagship Tiger Lake-H mobile chips are here to take on Ryzen 5000
- Razer claims its new Blade 15 is the ‘thinnest’ 15-inch RTX gaming laptop
- Asus’ new Zephyrus M16 has a 16:10 screen and Intel Tiger Lake H processor
- Lenovo’s Legion 7i and 5i Pro gaming laptops have tall 16:10 QHD displays
- Dell’s new XPS 15 and XPS 17 get upgraded with Intel’s long-awaited 11th Gen H-series chips
- HP’s ZBook Studio G8 is a serious laptop that isn’t afraid to show its fun side
- MSI’s new laptops take aim at the 16-inch MacBook Pro
- Nvidia’s RTX 3050 Ti can deliver 60fps gameplay in more budget-friendly laptops
- The Acer ConceptD 7 Ezel is the dream computer I’ll never own
The Vergecast /
The podcast you need to make sense of the week in tech news