Every Friday, The Verge publishes our flagship podcast, The Vergecast, where co-hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn discuss the week in tech news with the reporters and editors covering the biggest stories.
This week on The Vergecast, Nilay and Dieter bring back Verge managing editor Alex Cranz and Verge news editor Chaim Gartenberg to chat about the headlines.
It’s earnings week once again. Unsurprisingly, all of the big tech companies made a lot of money this past quarter. Our podcast crew dives into the numbers behind the profits of Google, Microsoft, Samsung, Amazon, and Apple and what it means for each business’s future goals.
The show also dedicates some time to discuss Intel’s business. Chaim leads the discussion after writing a story about Intel’s worst summer last year and how it’s been fighting its way back since then.
You can listen to the full discussion here or in your preferred podcast player.
- CDC reinstitutes mask recommendations for some vaccinated people
- Apple will require masks again in most of its US stores
- Communication around masks is still terrible
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine’s protection against severe disease holds steady over six months
- The pandemic made it even harder to check on the ocean’s vital signs
- Next Gen - the future belongs to young people
- The iPhone 12’s strong momentum helps Apple to another huge quarter
- Google sets all-time records as search and YouTube profits ...
- Microsoft reports weaker Surface and Windows revenue amid ...
- Samsung boosts profits and pledges to ‘mainstream’ foldables ...
- Amazon’s earnings show why Andy Jassy is now in charge
- The summer Intel fell behind
- Huawei’s P50 announced with Snapdragon 888 and HarmonyOS
- Leaked Surface Duo 2 photos reveal new triple camera system
- The Oppo Watch 2 launches in China with a promise of 16 days of battery life
- Nothing officially reveals its $99 Ear (1) true wireless earbuds
- Nothing Ear 1 earbuds review: almost something
- LG’s new true wireless earbuds have a privacy-conscious ‘Whispering Mode’
- New Samsung Flip and Fold leaks show water resistance, renders, and an S Pen case
- White House says infrastructure deal includes $65 billion for broadband
- T-Mobile’s new prepaid offer is a direct play for the Boost customers it sold to Dish
- It’s not just you, streaming the Olympics is a mess
- Activision Blizzard employees walk out of work to protest rampant sexism and discrimination