Every Friday, The Verge publishes our flagship podcast, The Vergecast, where co-hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn discuss the week in tech news with the reporters and editors covering the biggest stories.
In today’s episode, Nilay and Dieter, along with managing editor Alex Cranz and reviewer Monica Chin, discuss all the phones, laptops, and GPUs announced and reviewed this week — including Monica’s review of the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 and some previews of Mobile World Congress 2022.
In the second half of the show, senior reporter Ashley Carman updates the crew with the latest podcast industry news, including Spotify reportedly paying $200 million for Joe Rogan’s podcast and buying two of the most prominent podcast marketing and ad attribution companies. It’s not a coincidence that all podcast news lately is about Spotify, and Ashley explains why that is.
There’s a whole lot more packed into this week’s show — including Sony’s weirdest new earbuds, Garmin’s new smartwatches, and Google bringing Chrome OS to PCs and Macs — so listen here or in your preferred podcast player for the full discussion.
- Samsung’s Galaxy S22 phones are the safe bet
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 review: a great Oppo-tunity
- Realme 9 Pro and Pro Plus announced with color-changing new design
- Oppo releases official images of new Find X5 flagship phone
- Apple reportedly plans to reveal the first iPhone SE with 5G in March
- AMD’s new Ryzen 6000 H-series processors are launching in laptops starting today
- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 review: the price is no longer right
- The Asus ROG Strix Flare II Animate: feature-packed, but overpriced
- Cooler Master’s Sneaker X PC case has a lot of sole
- Intel’s first discrete Arc desktop GPUs are coming in Q2 2022
- Samsung teases new Galaxy Book and more at February 27th event
- Spotify’s COVID problems are bigger than Joe Rogan
- Spotify is acquiring two major podcast tech platforms
- Spotify wants to beat YouTube at audio
- Spotify reportedly paid $200 million for Joe Rogan’s podcast
- Hot Pod Summit is back at On Air Fest 2022!
- The LinkBuds are Sony’s strangest earbuds in years — and surprisingly good
- Audio-Technica’s new $200 earbuds promise an impressive 20 hours of battery life
- Garmin’s Epix 2 multisport watch made me a touchscreen convert
- Garmin’s Fenix 7S Sapphire Solar makes the case for smaller fitness watches
- iFixit has a Steam Deck teardown — and will officially sell replacement parts from Valve
- Disney is developing planned communities for fans who never want to leave its clutches
- Google is bringing Chrome OS to PCs and Macs
- Facebook rebrands News Feed after more than 15 years
- Elon Musk tells a judge the SEC’s ‘endless’ investigation is stifling his free speech