Welcome to the weekend, dear readers! Although we’ve spent the past week pummeling you with deals from Amazon’s fall Prime Day event — some of which are still available, to be sure — our Saturday roundup is mostly concerned with the discounts that have cropped up in the time since, starting with LG’s C3 OLED. Right now, you can grab the 42-inch model at Amazon for $921.48 (about $276 off).
Like the much-lauded C2 we reviewed last year, it’s hard to go wrong with LG’s brilliant C3 panel, regardless of what type of entertainment you watch. The TV features terrific picture quality and many of the same specs that made last year’s C2 such a great pick for gamers, including a 120Hz refresh rate and comprehensive HDMI 2.1 support, only with a brighter display and faster performance. It showcases a few interface refinements as well, one of which makes it a bit easier to set up the C3’s picture mode.
Admittedly, a 42-inch panel is certainly not the biggest, though the TV’s smaller stature also makes it a perfect desk companion if you want a glorified gaming monitor with perfect black levels. If not, the 65-inch model is also currently on sale at BuyDig with a $150 Visa gift card and an extended four-year warranty for $1,696.99 ($900 off).
The LG C3 offers more processing power than its predecessor and several new picture modes. It continues to offer a 120Hz refresh rate and low input lag as well, along with support for Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync variable refresh rate tech.
Lego, not to be outdone by Amazon, also kicked off a pre-holiday sale this week, slashing prices on an assortment of Verge-approved sets we’ve only seen on sale a few times before. There are about 80 discounted sets in total, including both busts and bird nests, but we want to specifically call out the Atari 2600 and the Hulkbuster.
The first is a 2,532-piece replica of the Atari’s iconic console — the 1980 revision, mind you, not the original from 1977 — while the latter is a “hulking” 4,000-piece set that pays tribute to Iron Man’s Mark XLIV armor from the Infinity Saga films. The former is currently on sale for $191.99 ($48 off) while the latter is down to $384.99 ($165 off), which are some of the best prices we’ve seen on either Lego set.
Verge Deals on X (formerly known as Twitter) /
Join more than 51,000 followers and keep up with the best daily tech deals with @vergedeals
Other weekend deals and discounts
- If you could use a travel charger, Zendure’s fantastic SuperTank Pro is on sale at Amazon for $137.99 ($92 off) when you clip the on-page coupon for 40 percent off. It has a 26,800mAh capacity, up to 100W charging, and four USB-C ports, along with an info-dense OLED panel that shows the remaining battery life and charging speeds of all your devices. Read our review
- Apple’s Mac Mini is on sale at B&H Photo right now in its base configuration with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage for $499 ($100 off), matching a deal we saw in August. The latest model features a wide port selection, Wi-Fi 6E, and the same speedy M2 processor as the latest 13-inch MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, which makes it a competent little desktop machine so long as you’re prepared to BYO monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Read our review.
- The newer OnePlus Buds Pro 2 are available for $129.99 ($50 off) from Amazon and OnePlus, which marks their second-best price to date. The flagship wireless earbuds check quite a few boxes — ANC, multipoint, you name it — and supposedly offer both better sound and battery life than the original model. They even feature head-tracked spatial audio when used with the OnePlus 11.
- The 128GB Google Pixel Tablet, which is one of the better Android slates you can pick up right now, is down to $419.99 ($80 off) at Amazon, Best Buy, and the Google Store. It doesn’t reinvent the tablet by any means, but it comes with a nice 11-inch display, fast-enough performance, and a magnetic speaker dock that ensures it’s always ready to go when you need it. Read our review.
- We are in the very throes of spooky season, y’all. Thankfully, if you have yet to get in on the Halloween fun, Arkham Horror The Card Game is currently on sale at Amazon for $24 ($21 off). The cooperative title is a little complex at first, but once you grasp the various role-playing elements and overall flow, the Lovecraftian game takes on a life of its own.