Unsurprisingly, Black Friday and Cyber Monday brought a flurry of discounts on the Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, and all three iterations of the Nintendo Switch. Some of those deals have since dried up — pour one out for the $349 Xbox Series X deal we saw last week — but a few newcomers have popped up in their stead. Take GameStop’s current promo on the Smash Bros.-inspired Nintendo Switch OLED bundle, which drops the excellent console bundle to $324.99 ($25 off) when you purchase in-store or order online and pick it up in-store.
While not as slick as the previous Super Smash Bros.-themed Switch, Nintendo’s latest holiday bundle makes up for it in sheer value (especially at this price). It includes a Nintendo Switch OLED and a pair of gray Joy-Cons that feature the game’s iconic logo as well as a three-month subscription to Nintendo Switch Online and a download code for a digital copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The bundle is a good deal even at full price given the latest Smash Bros. title rarely falls below $50 and Nintendo’s step-up console normally retails for $349 on its own, making GameStop’s ongoing brick-and-mortar discount all the sweeter.
This Nintendo Switch OLED bundle comes with the Switch OLED along with a digital copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and three months of Nintendo Switch Online’s Individual membership.
Generally speaking, we consider Tile trackers to be the best Bluetooth trackers for Android users, primarily because they come in a variety of shapes and can do just about anything Apple’s AirTags can do. That said, Samsung’s Galaxy SmartTag2 remains an outstanding alternative if you use a Samsung Galaxy device, one that’s currently available in black for an all-time low of $19.99 ($10 off) at Amazon.
Similar to other location trackers, Samsung’s second-gen SmartTag lets you keep tabs on your keys, bags, or any item you can’t afford to be without. The new model carries a beefier IP67 rating, boasts a user-replaceable battery that lasts up to 700 days, and lets you tap into the Galaxy Find network, which functions in a similar fashion to Apple’s Find My network. It also features a larger key ring hole than before and, at least for Samsung users, an improved Compass View and overall app experience. The latter lets you make use of a full-screen map view and a fresh interface, along with a new shortcut that makes your SmartTags easier to find.
More deals, discounts, and ways to save
- The Sonos Roam is still available from Best Buy and Sonos for $134, which is a $45 discount we rarely see outside of the holidays. The pint-size speaker is a terrific option if you want a portable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi speaker that also supports Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple’s AirPlay 2, not to mention compatibility with the rest of the Sonos ecosystem. Read our review.
- If you’ve never used Calm before, you can currently sign up for a 12-month Premium subscription for just $35 (50 percent off) thanks to the company’s lingering Black Friday promo. The meditation app is a mainstay in many of our gift guides, one that offers a trove of ambient music, bedtime stories, and guided meditations covering sleep, stress, and other topics that are oh-so-relevant during the holidays.
- Walmart is throwing in a $50 credit for the Meta Quest store when you buy the 128GB Meta Quest 2 for $249 ($50 off). The current promo isn’t quite as good as the recent Black Friday deal that netted you a $50 gift card to Amazon and other retailers; however, it is a solid deal if you’re looking for an entry-level VR headset that can tackle all the same games as the newer Meta Quest 3, albeit with lower specs. Read our review.
- You can grab an unlocked Google Pixel 8 with 256GB of storage for just $531 ($228 off) at Best Buy, which is the lowest price we’ve seen yet on the upgraded configuration. You lose out on several high-end features by opting for the base model over the 8 Pro, but you still get an excellent Android phone that nails the basics with a 6.2-inch OLED display, great performance, and a whopping seven years of OS updates. Read our review.
- Bose’s Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are currently on sale for $279 ($100 off) at Best Buy, nearly matching the all-time low we saw during Black Friday. They were recently supplanted by the newer QuietComfort Ultra Headphones, yes, but the last-gen 700 still offer solid comfort, great voice call quality, and a lot to love at this price. Read our review.