Happy Wednesday, y’all. We recently crowned Samsung’s Galaxy S23 Plus the best Android phone you can buy, though we wouldn't say it’s the cheapest Galaxy device currently available. Samsung’s midrange Galaxy A54 presents a more affordable alternative, one you can pick up at Amazon or Best Buy right now with a $50 gift card for $449.99.
There’s a lot to love about Samsung’s popular A-series, particularly the A54. It’s very much in line with this year’s Galaxy S23 and S23 Plus and features a number of improvements over the last-gen A53. The newer model packs a 50-megapixel main shooter that allows for better low-light photography along with a 6.4-inch OLED display and support for 25W fast charging. It also includes Samsung’s speedy Exynos 1380 processor, 128GB of onboard storage (with a microSD card slot), and support for up to four generations of major Android updates and five years of security patches, ensuring the phone will be in good shape for years to come.
Opting for the A54 over the S23 means you’re giving up a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, a higher water resistance rating, and extra RAM, but then again, you’re also saving at least $250 in the process.
The 6.4-inch Samsung Galaxy A54 phone features a new look along with a 120Hz 1080p OLED display and a new 50-megapixel sensor for better photos in low-light conditions. It also features an IP67 rating for dust and water resistance.
“Spring cleaning” is one of those catch-all tasks that can be applied to just about anything in your life — your wardrobe, your computer’s hard drive, that attic you keep telling yourself you’ll get around to and never will. It can even apply to your desk, which is where a jack-of-all-trades charger like the Anker 637 Magnetic Charging Station comes in.
Anker’s spherical MagGo offering is outfitted with three AC outlets, two USB-C ports, and two USB-A ports, along with a wireless charging pad that can deliver 7.5W charging speeds to newer iPhone models equipped with Apple’s MagSafe tech. Normally $99.99, it’s on sale at Amazon right now for $69.99 when you click the on-page 30 percent off coupon, nearly matching its best price to date. It’s also available direct from Anker when you use promo code WSCPWOTXA9 at checkout.
The orb-shaped Anker MagGo combines a desktop magnetic wireless charging stand for newer iPhone models with a three-outlet power strip. It also has two USB-C ports, two USB-A ports, and a total of 65W of power output.
When it comes to modular lighting, it really boils down to two main players: Nanoleaf and Govee. The latter offers immersive bias lighting for your TV and monitor, too, but its Glide series has become an attractive way to string together a network of light panels without having to spend a fortune. And right now, Govee is offering its newer Y Lights for $159.99 ($70 off) when you apply the on-page coupon code, dropping them to their best price yet.
Govee’s interlocking Y-shaped panels can be set up in a variety of patterns and lighting configurations, all of which are controllable via a companion app for Android and iOS. They display up to 16.8 million colors and more than 40 individual scenes, too, which is pretty par for the course as far as smart lights are concerned. That said, they also offer support for both Google Assistant and Alexa if you’re someone who prefers to bark voice commands rather than fumble with a dedicated mobile app — and let’s be honest, who doesn’t?
Govee’s Y Lights give you everything you need to bathe your wall in a rainbow of color. The seven-panel kit supports virtual assistants like Alexa as well and works in conjunction with a companion app that lets you set scenes and schedules.
A few more hump day discounts of note
- Insta360’s quirky Link is currently on sale at Amazon, Adorama, and direct from Insta360 for $284.99 ($15 off), its lowest price to date. The premium webcam features 4K / 30fps capture and pairs a robust number of features with a physical gimbal, one that moves to keep you in the frame while on video calls. Read our review.
- The third-gen Apple TV 4K is currently on sale at Costco in the 128GB configuration for $30 off, dropping the last-gen model to just $119.99 for members. That’s the first discount we’ve seen on the 4K streaming device, which offers speedy performance, a new Siri-based remote, and great integration with the rest of Apple’s ecosystem. Read our review.
- If you’re someone who has trouble falling asleep to the nonexistent sound of silence, the compact LectroFan Classic white noise machine is discounted to $31.99 (about $18 off) at Amazon, nearly matching its best price to date. It’s a pretty no-frills option, but it has a solid volume range and lets you choose from an array of pink, brown, and white noise.
- iOttie’s Easy One Touch 4 Dash and Windshield Mount is down to $18.83 (about $4 off) at Amazon, which is a great price for the adjustable low-tech smartphone accessory. It’s not going to win any beauty contests or charge your phone like iOttie’s Qi-equipped alternative, but it can accommodate most smartphones and offers dead-simple operation.
- Rad Power Bikes is currently hosting one of its best sales of the year, dropping prices on a range of models just in time for the warmer spring weather. We’ve highlighted a few of the brand’s e-bikes before, including the RadRunner 2 and three-wheel RadTrike, which now start at $1,449 ($50 off) and $2,399 ($100 off), respectively.
- The Blink Mini, a low-cost home security camera, is once again on sale at Amazon, Best Buy, and Target for just $24.99 ($10 off), one of its lowest prices to date. It supports 1080p resolution, motion alerts, and two-way audio; however, cloud video storage does require a Blink subscription plan (which starts at $3 a month). Read our review.