Spring has sprung, and to celebrate that fact, Amazon naturally decided to discount a bunch of random devices mostly unrelated to the season. That’s good news for us, though. Given Mother’s Day and graduation season are just around the corner, the ongoing sale makes for a nice opportunity to pick up some of Amazon’s most popular items at a fraction of their typical list price. The promo extends to top-of-the-line streaming sticks like the Fire TV Stick 4K Max, as well as the newest Echo Dot, the entry-level Kindle, and even Amazon’s Fire TV Omni QLED. Even better, retailers like Best Buy are matching Amazon’s prices.
Of course, as with any sale, not all the deals are that great, so we’ve gone ahead and vetted them to save you the hassle. Below, we’ve curated the best of them and organized them based on the category for your convenience.
TV and streaming device deals
- Amazon’s Fire TV Stick 4K Max is available at an all-time low of $34.99 ($20 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. The 4K streaming stick is one of our favorite models, one with impressive Alexa-enabled voice capabilities that allow you to make ultra-specific requests using the included remote. It also offers support for Wi-Fi 6, in addition to a wide selection of streaming apps. Read our review.
- The latest Fire TV Cube, Amazon’s fastest streaming device, is also on sale for $124.99 ($15 off) at Amazon and Best Buy right now. The unique streaming device supports 4K content and doubles as a smart speaker that offers extensive voice capabilities via Amazon Alexa. It also sports a new HDMI input and is futureproof with Wi-Fi 6E support. Read our review.
Amazon’s Fire TV Omni QLED features built-in microphones for Alexa commands, low input lag, and support for two-way video calling. It also provides access to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, and most major streaming services.
- Amazon’s newest 65-inch Amazon Fire TV Omni QLED is on sale for $549.99 ($250 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. Unlike its predecessor, the TV displays artwork when not in use, includes full-array local dimming, and supports Dolby Vision IQ and HDR10 Plus Adaptive.
- Amazon is also discounting older Amazon Fire TV Omni configurations, including the 55-inch model, which is currently going for $469.99 ($80 off) at Amazon. If you want a larger screen and support for Dolby Vision HDR, the 75-inch panel is also on sale at Amazon for $799.99 ($250 off). While neither is as feature-rich as the newer QLED model, they do support two-way video calling and integrate well with Alexa. Read our review.
Amazon’s latest Kindle Paperwhite has a 6.8-inch E Ink display with adjustable color temperature for nighttime reading. It also boasts a faster processor, additional battery life, IPX8 waterproofing, and a USB-C port.
- If you want an excellent waterproof e-reader, the Kindle Paperwhite is a good choice. In addition to a 6.8-inch high-resolution display that’s easy on the eye, it offers monthslong battery life and USB-C support. Right now, you can buy the e-reader starting at $99.99 ($40 off) at Amazon and Best Buy in the ad-supported configuration with 8GB. Read our review.
- Amazon’s latest entry-level Kindle is also on sale starting at $79.99 ($20 off) for the ad-supported model with 16GB of storage at Amazon and Best Buy. Though it’s not waterproof like the Kindle Paperwhite, it’s otherwise very similar, with the same sharp display and USB-C support. It’s smaller, though, which means you can carry it with one hand or easily slip it into your pocket. Read our review.
- If you’re shopping for a budget-friendly tablet, we’d recommend buying Amazon’s latest Fire HD 10. Its 10-inch display is the largest in Amazon’s current lineup, as well as the one with the highest resolution, and its 3GB of RAM can store countless ebooks and movies. It’s available at Amazon and Best Buy with ads starting at $89.99 ($60 off). Read our review.
- If you’d like an extra gigabyte of RAM as well as wireless charging, Amazon’s 2021 Fire HD 10 Plus is also on sale at Amazon and Best Buy, where you can pick up the ad-supported model starting at $119.99 ($60 off).
- The display on Amazon’s latest Fire HD 8 isn’t as sharp as the Fire HD 10’s, but the tablet still makes for a decent entertainment device with USB-C support and good battery life. You can currently buy it at Amazon and Best Buy with 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and ads starting at $59.99 ($40 off). Read our review.
- The ad-supported Fire HD 8 Plus is also on sale for $79.99 ($40 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. Unlike the latest Fire HD 8, the 2022 slate features 3GB of RAM and support for wireless charging.
Verge Deals on Twitter /
Join more than 52,000 followers and keep up with the best daily tech deals with @vergedeals
Smart speaker deals
- The fifth-gen Echo Dot, Amazon’s newest smart speaker, is on sale with an LED display for $39.99 ($20 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. The model without the LED display is also discounted to $34.99 ($15 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. In addition to offering better sound than its predecessor, the latest Dot comes with a temperature sensor. Plus, if you’re on an Eero network, you can even use it to improve your Wi-Fi coverage. Read our review.
- Though older, the fourth-gen Echo is still a great smart speaker with better sound than the fourth-gen Echo Dot. It also comes with a built-in smart home hub and, like the fifth-gen Dot, can double as an extender for Eero mesh Wi-Fi networks. Right now, you can buy it for $64.99 ($35 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. Read our review.
Smart display deals
The Echo Show 8 is the midsize smart display in Amazon’s current Echo lineup and can be used to display the weather, news, calendars, grocery lists, and more. You can also use it to control your smart home devices, watch videos, or listen to music. It even supports video calling via Zoom and Amazon’s Alexa calling service.
- The second-gen Echo Show 8 is our favorite of Amazon’s smart displays and is currently down to just $74.99 at Amazon and Best Buy. The smart display performs all the standard Alexa-enabled tasks but also offers a 13MP camera that can make Zoom calls and an eight-inch screen that makes it easier to watch shows and movies. Read our review.
- Unlike other Echo Show displays, Amazon’s third-gen Echo Show 10 sits on a rotating, motorized base that can follow you around during video calls. It’s also on sale this week for $194.99 ($55 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. Read our review.
The Echo Show 15 is a large, wall-mounted device that acts as a shared hub for families to view notes, upcoming calendar appointments, and more. The 15.6-inch device also features support for Amazon’s Fire TV interface, as well as the same Alexa functionality as other Echo displays and smart speakers.
- You can also save on Amazon’s Echo Show 15, which is down to $194.99 ($55 off) at Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H Photo. The 15.6-inch touchscreen device can function as a number of different things, including a 1080p Fire TV and a shared bulletin board for families that want to quickly check shopping lists and calendars. Read our review.
- If you’re looking for a cheaper smart display, the second-gen Echo Show 5 performs many of the same Alexa-enabled tasks as its siblings and is on sale for $39.99 ($45 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. Although its 2MP camera can’t make Zoom calls, the compact device serves as a good smart alarm clock, one you can snooze with a simple tap. Read our review.
Home security deals
The flagship Ring doorbell has the best video quality, good connectivity, and excellent motion detection. It works smoothly with Amazon Alexa but is expensive, requires a subscription for most features, and doesn’t offer 24/7 recording.
- The Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 is the best wired video doorbell on the market, with great motion detection, high-resolution 1536p HD video quality, and a square ratio that allows you to see your entire porch. Right now, you can buy it for $174.99 ($75 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. Bear in mind that, as with all Amazon video doorbells, you’ll have to pay extra to use some Ring features. Read our review.
- You can buy the eight-piece, second-gen Ring Alarm kit for $174.99 instead of $249.99 at Amazon and Best Buy. If you’re trying to set up your smart home for the first time, the kit provides everything you need to do so, including a motion detector and a base station that doubles as an Eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi router. Read our review.
- The Ring Video Doorbell 3 features a 1080p camera and support for motion detection. It’s on sale right now for $149.99 ($50 off) at Amazon and Best Buy.
- If you’re looking for a floodlight camera, the hardwired Ring Floodlight Cam is on sale for $139.99 ($60 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. In addition to two LED floodlights, it offers a 1080p camera with custom motion detection zones. However, like Amazon’s doorbells, you’ll have to pay extra for some Ring features, including video recording.
Deals on other Amazon devices
Amazon’s second-gen Echo Buds offer a comfortable design, good ANC, and a natural ambient sound mode. They support hands-free Alexa commands as well. Read our review.
- If you’re in the market for a good pair of wireless earbuds, Amazon’s second-gen Echo Buds are on sale at Amazon with a wired charging case for $79.99 ($40 off), one of their best prices to date. You can also buy them with a wireless charging case for $99.99 ($40 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. In addition to supporting hands-free Alexa commands, the Bluetooth earbuds offer good sound quality, decent noise cancellation, and a terrific passthrough mode. Read our review.
- You can boost your Wi-Fi coverage with the Eero Pro 6, which is on sale for $159.99 ($40 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. The 2020 mesh router is slower than newer models but still covers up to 2,000 square feet and supports Wi-Fi 6. Read our review.
Amazon’s Smart Air Quality Monitor touts a compact design, voice alerts, and automated triggers that allow it to turn on air purifiers and other Alexa-enabled devices. It lacks a display, however, and pairs best with an Echo device. Read our review.
- Amazon’s Smart Air Quality Monitor, which does a decent job of letting you know via voice alerts about poor air quality, is on sale for $54.99 ($15 off) at Amazon. It’s far better if you use it with other Alexa-enabled devices like Echo smart displays, however, as it can then provide you with more detailed information about, say, high humidity or carbon dioxide levels. Read our review.
- The Amazon Smart Thermostat is one the best thermostats we’ve ever tested, one capable of learning and adapting to your habits like its more expensive rivals. It’s currently on sale for $64.99 instead of $79.99 at Amazon and Best Buy. Read our review.
- You can buy Amazon’s Smart Plug for $19.99 ($5 off) at Amazon. The handy plug allows you to add voice control to any indoor outlet, though be mindful it only works with Alexa.