The Apple Watch SE is selling for its second-best price of $199 at Amazon and Best Buy, saving you $50 on Apple’s entry-level smartwatch. The SE may not have some of the fancier features of the newer Series 9 model (features that recently put the Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2 in some patent infringement hot water), but the SE is a very competent wearable that nails the essentials most people look for to complement their iPhone — expansive fitness tracking and easily glanceable notifications on your wrist. If you want to push yourself into healthier habits for the new year, a smartwatch and some basic workout metrics you can easily track is a nice little motivator.
Right now, you can get a four-pack of Apple AirTags for $78.99 ($21 off) at Amazon when you click the on-page coupon. The tiny trackers are handy for finding your keys, luggage, or other valuables if they’re ever misplaced — and at this price, each AirTag runs you just $19.75 each, which is quite a value for anyone prone to being a bit scatterbrained (present company included).
While AirTags are a great asset for iPhone users who frequently carry expensive gear they want to keep an eye on (I personally have one hidden in my camera bag), they’re equally good at helping you keep track of those things that have a tendency of growing legs and walking to other parts of the house. Just keep in mind that attaching one to a set of keys or a bag handle requires some additional accessories.
New year, more deals:
- The cute and colorful 8BitDo Ultimate C 2.4G Wireless Controller in either pastel green or purple is just $24.99 ($5 off) at Amazon. The super affordable wireless gamepad may lack Bluetooth for compatibility with the Nintendo Switch, but it uses its included USB dongle to play games on a PC, Steam Deck, and even a Raspberry Pi.
- Best Buy is offering a package deal of the Elgato Wave:3 USB condenser microphone with its Wave Mic Arm for $179.98 ($70 off). The Wave:3 is a compact tabletop mic with a cardioid pickup pattern that’s designed for streamers and PC gamers. And it’s good that this package includes an arm since that means the mic is closer to your mouth, helping to ensure you aren’t picking up too much background noise from your keyboard or mouse.
- Woot is selling an Amazon Smart Plug for $14.99 ($10 off). The small smart plug allows you to turn home appliances off and on via voice control with an Alexa-compatible smart speaker.
- The JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth speaker may be a bit long in the tooth these days, but it can still be the life of a party — especially any outdoor party where its waterproofing can come in handy. The beefy speaker with up to 20 hours of battery life is selling for $89 (about $61 off) at Amazon.
- The TP-Link Tapo Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch with Matter is selling for just $12.99 ($12 off) at Best Buy. The smart switch is an easy DIY install in your home to upgrade an existing light fixture and offers Apple Home, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Samsung SmartThings compatibility. Of course, this is as long as you know your way around a screwdriver and your circuit breaker box.