Skip to main content
W
External Link
Apple agrees to settle a lawsuit alleging it profited from gift card scammers.

Reuters reported that Apple is drafting a settlement with plaintiffs who alleged that Apple routinely and knowingly kept a 30 percent “commission” from gift card scams for itself, letting scammers have the other 70 percent.

The suit covered anyone who fell for the scam, wherein urgent-sounding callers fool victims into buying gift cards and reading the code to them, between 2015 and July 31st, 2020, Reuters wrote.