Apple’s series of macOS (and iOS) devices aren’t just part of a technology ecosystem — they’re part of a lifestyle. From iPhones to iPads to Mac laptops, the constellation of tech devices, joined with the operating system and wide range of apps and games, are what make fans out of Apple users.
The Verge Guide to macOS
But while macOS is known for its ease of use and relatively failure-free operation, there are always questions that will come up — and we’re here to answer them.
If you’ve just bought your first Mac system, or are trying to introduce a friend or relative to a new Mac, we’ve got some great articles that can help. Whether it’s something as general as how to manage your system updates or take a screenshot, or more specific tasks like enabling YouTube’s picture-in-picture or how to use an external display, we’ve got you covered.
Tips and tricks
- macOS 101: how to force quit a Mac app
- How to type special characters on Macs
- How to record your screen on a Mac
- How to uninstall apps in macOS
- How to take screenshots on your Mac
- How to easily resize and arrange windows in macOS Catalina
- How to enable picture-in-picture for YouTube on your Mac
- The 11 best apps for your new Mac
- How to wipe your MacBook, iMac, Mac Pro, or Mac mini
- How to manage app updates in macOS
- macOS 10.15.5 is out now with a new battery health feature
- How to manage system updates on macOS
- How to use an external display with your Mac