Several retailers started early with Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in advance of the hectic, no-holds-barred weekend that kicks off right after Thanksgiving. Best Buy is one of a few — aside from Amazon, Walmart, and Target — that got things started particularly early this year. If you’ve been paying attention to our Black Friday / Cyber Monday coverage, you’ve likely noticed dozens of deals peppered in, but that’s just a sampling. There’s more where that came from.
Before we get into it, we’ve included some resources below that should make your Cyber Monday shopping experience a little better. And to make things more fun, you can also enter our sweepstakes for a chance to win a mystery bag filled with stuff from The Verge’s tech closet.
Headphones and earbuds
You currently can’t throw a stone at Best Buy’s online storefront without finding a deal on headphones or true wireless earbuds. There seems to be a near-endless array of options, but here are a bunch of selected ones for you to consider.
Sony WH-1000XM4$35029% off
These over-ear headphones are some of the best noise-canceling headphones you can buy right now. They can last up to 30 hours on a single charge and provide a comfortable listening experience with plush ear pads. Read our full review.
Apple’s flagship earbuds improve on the regular AirPods with better sound quality, excellent active noise cancellation, and immersive spatial audio. Read our full review.
- If you prefer earbuds, the Sony WF-1000XM4 — which have the best noise cancellation of any true wireless earbuds — are selling for $248 instead of $280. The true wireless earbuds feature a smaller design and IPX4 sweat and water resistance, along with a case that supports wireless charging. Read our full review.
- Best Buy is taking $50 off a pair of Bose’s QuietComfort 45 headphones, selling them for $279 instead of $329. As we discovered in our review, these headphones update the company’s popular, comfortable design with USB-C, improved noise cancellation, and longer battery life.
- You can save nearly $80 when you pick up the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds for $200 instead of their typical $279. We found these earbuds boast dynamic, rich sound and the best noise cancellation available in a pair of true wireless earbuds. Read our full review.
- As we noted in our review, Samsung’s Galaxy Buds Pro boasts the best sound quality the company has achieved yet in a pair of earbuds, and right now you can buy them for $150 instead of $200.
- They may not be the newest pair, but Jabra’s Elite 75t still offer bass-heavy sound, reliable performance, and can simultaneously connect to two devices. Right now, you can buy a pair of what we once called the best AirPods alternative for $80 instead of $150.
- If you don’t mind a wired charging case, Apple’s second generation of true wireless earbuds, the AirPods, are selling for $120 instead of $160. Read our full review.
- Regularly $250, these well-reviewed Beats Powerbeats Pro are now going for $150, saving you $100. These IPX4 sweat- and water-resistant earbuds feature Apple’s H1 chip for easy pairing, and provide up to nine hours of continuous battery life, with 24 hours provided by the case.
- The Beats Studio 3 typically retail for $350, but today you can pick them up for $170. The wireless, over-ear headphones come equipped with Apple’s W1 wireless chip, so you can quickly connect and switch between any Apple devices you might own. Read our full review.
- The Beats Studio Pro earbuds are down to their lowest price yet at Best Buy. Normally $149.99, this new model from Beats that recharges via USB-C and works well on Android (in addition to iOS) is $100. Read our review.
Phones and tablets
Much of the special phone pricing is tied up with carrier deals, which typically involve activating new lines, upgrading existing ones, or trading in old devices. They often involve you paying more every month, even if the hardware is being discounted. Here are some deals on phones and tablets that are just outright good deals for an out-the-door price.
- The entry-level OnePlus Nord N200 5G is just $200. Read our full review.
- The OnePlus 9 is down to $600, outpacing many midrange phones for nearly the same price. Read our full review.
- The premium flagship OnePlus 9 Pro got a $170 discount, bringing the price down to $900. Read our full review.
OnePlus Nord N200 5G$24017% off
The OnePlus Nord N200 offers a 6.49-inch Full-HD display with 90Hz refresh rate and a large 5,000mAh battery with fast charging for very low, entry-level prices.
- The Kindle Paperwhite (8GB model) is currently $104.99, $35 off its original price of $139.99, at your local store. This is the ad-supported model — for an ad-free experience, you’re better off going with the Kindle Paperwhite Kids, which is currently $114.99 ($45 down from $159.99).
Verge Deals on Twitter /
Join our over 40,000 followers, and keep up with our best daily tech deals with @vergedeals
Video games are often a matter of personal taste, but here are some especially good deals on longstanding titles and early discounts on newer releases.
A membership to PlayStation Plus allows PlayStation 4 and PS5 owners to play games online, download free titles every month, and take advantage of discounts on the PS Store.
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, the remastered collection of all three original Mass Effect games, is just $28 for the PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series X.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade is just $45 for the PS5, and includes the extra Yuffie DLC episode.
Square Enix pushed a big update to Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS5 owners in 2021, bringing faster loading speeds and better graphics as well as a new episode focused on Yuffie.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PS4 is only $25, and if you decide to upgrade it to the PS5 version later and buy the DLC for $20, you end up paying the same price as Intergrade. Read our full review.
- The endearing two-player co-op title, It Takes Two, is half-off (just $20) for both the PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series X. Remember, it literally takes two in this game — there is no single-player mode.
- Psychonauts 2 is available on Xbox Game Pass. If you’re not a subscriber to Microsoft’s service, however, you can purchase a digital copy of it for just $30, a cool $30 off the original list price.
People love a high-quality TV, but something big and cheap can also be enticing. With that being said, here are some of the best 4K TV deals to consider at Best Buy.
Sony Bravia XR (65-inch, Model X90J)$150020% off
Sony’s 65-inch X90J features full-array backlighting for a more cinematic viewing experience, and it supports HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision HDR. It comes with Google TV software, too, and features a 120Hz refresh rate display.
- Samsung’s 65-inch, Tizen-based 8000-series LED TV is $100 off, dropping the price down to just $700.
- The LG NanoCell 75 Series 4K TV has dropped to $750, taking $450 off the regular price. This matches the lowest price we’ve seen for this model.
- Get a steep discount on LG’s latest-generation CX 77-inch OLED TV, which is selling for $2,900.
Smart speakers and displays
- Google smart displays and speakers with the Google Assistant are up to 50 percent off right now. This includes the Google Nest Hub, now available for just $50 (normally $100), and the Nest Audio, on sale for $60 ($40 off). Read our full reviews of the Nest Hub and Nest Audio.
Google Nest Hub (second-gen)$10050% off
The second-gen Nest Hub is Google’s smallest smart display, with a seven-inch touchscreen that can automatically adjust itself to the lighting in your room. What’s new in the latest version is its ability to automatically track your sleep patterns with its Soli radar chip. Use code VER50 at Wellbots for $50 off until October 30th.
- On the Amazon side of smart home tech, the second-gen Echo Show 5 is currently just $45, $40 off its typical list price. Read our full review.
- The Facebook Portal is the perfect smart display for video chatting with loved ones who can’t be with this holiday, and it’s just $80 at Best Buy. That is a substantial $100 discount, one that applies to both the black and white models. Read our full review.
Facebook Portal$17955% off
Facebook’s 2019 Portal has a sleeker design than its predecessor and allows you to place video calls via Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. It also features a 10-inch touchscreen display with 1280 x 800 resolution.
Smartwatches and wearables
- The new Fitbit Charge 5 is $50 off, matching the fitness tracker’s all-time low of $130. Read our full review.
The 40mm, GPS-equipped variant of the Apple Watch SE is on sale for its lowest price to date ($219) . Best Buy is also offering the Series 3 for less, but we strongly advise spending a bit more and avoiding the aging smartwatch. Read our full Apple Watch SE review .
- In addition to the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 —
which is on sale in the 40mm, GPS variant for as low as 250 ($50 off)— Best Buy is discounting its more premium sibling, the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, starting at $300 (also $50 off). Read our full review.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4$30027% off
The Galaxy Watch 4 features a snappy interface and more third-party support by way of Google’s Wear OS 3. But keep in mind that it’s paired best with a Samsung-made phone.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic$35021% off
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic pairs health tracking smarts with conventional watch looks and design. It features Samsung’s unique rotating bezel for physical control of on-screen scrolling.
- Nanoleaf Smarter Kits are up to 15 percent off. You can pick from hexagons, triangles, and the wood-like Nanoleaf Elements, which is an exceptional value at $70 off.
- Eero’s mesh routers and bundles with remote access nodes are up to 40 percent off. Read our full Eero Pro 6 review.
- Google’s Nest WiFi Router and one point are down to $179 ($90 off). That’s a great value for a mesh system, especially given the point doubles as a smart speaker. Read our full review.
- Smart home security devices from Google, such as the new exterior Nest Cam with a floodlight ($50 off), are up to 35 percent off. You can also pick up the battery-powered Nest Video Doorbell for $50 off at a local store.
- Arlo’s wired video doorbell is almost half price at $80 (down from $150). This is a great price on an excellent buzzer with a 1:1 ratio and a 180-degree viewing angle, so you can see visitors from head-to-toe while also seeing packages on the ground.
- The August Wi-Fi Smart Lock (fourth-gen) is $50 off, selling for $180 (down from $229). This easy-to-install smart lock works with Apple’s HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant. In our review, we praised its smaller size, improved motor, and premium feel.
- A three-pack of Bluetooth Philips Hue white and color smart bulbs is $100 ($35 off).
These bulbs provide smart lighting in multiple colors, with Bluetooth support enabling instant light control.
System cameras for photo and video offer a lot of creative control and flexibility compared to a smartphone, and here are some worthwhile deals for those who want to go a step above.
- The Sony A7III with 28-70mm kit lens is $200 off, making the combo an even $2,000. The newer A7IV is on its way next month, but it will be a higher price for the body only. Read our full review.
- Sony’s ZV-1, a vlogger-designed point and shoot, is $650 ($100 off). Read our full review.
- If your camera doesn’t need the latest and fastest SD cards, you can stock up on Sandisk’s 128GB Extreme Plus UHS-I cards for just $20 each ($48 off).
- The top marks for camera deals from Best Buy right now go to the GoPro Hero10 Black. The excellent action cam is $50 off right now, and comes with a $50 Best Buy gift card to use on your next purchase. Read our full review.
The GoPro Hero10 Black offers a new processor that makes it possible to shoot in 4K resolution at 120 frames per second.