Every Friday, The Verge publishes our flagship podcast, The Vergecast, where Verge editor-in-chief Nilay Patel and editor-at-large David Pierce discuss the week in tech news with the reporters and editors covering the biggest stories.
This week, Nilay and David, along with Verge managing editor Alex Cranz and deputy editor Alex Heath discuss the news of Meta COO Sheryl Sandberg stepping down from the company after 14 years. How will this affect the structure and direction of the company?
Later in the show, transportation editor Andrew Hawkins joins to drive through the latest car news, including Volvo using Epic’s Unreal Engine to create ‘photorealistic’ graphics in its cars, GM slashing the price for the Chevy Bolt, and a first look at a new DeLorean, kinda.
In the last third of the show, the crew run through all the predictions, rumors, and everything else we know so far about Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference starting next week.
There’s a lot more in between all of that, so listen here or in your preferred podcast player for the full discussion.
Stories mentioned in this episode:
- Sheryl Sandberg on leaving Meta
- Meta COO Sheryl Sandberg is stepping down after 14 years
- Meta’s head of AI to depart in group reorg
- Volvo will use Epic’s Unreal Engine to create ‘photorealistic’ graphics in its electric cars
- GM is slashing prices for the Chevy Bolt amid high demand for electric vehicles
- Ford announces new Mustang, Ranger, and commercial EV in major Midwest expansion
- DeLorean offers a first look at its gull-winged Alpha 5 EV revival
- Buick is rebranding as an electric-only automaker
- Polestar’s experimental EV, nicknamed ‘Beast,’ is getting a limited production run
- Porsche strengthens ties with electric supercar startup Rimac in new funding round
- iOS 16, notifications, and Macs: what to expect at WWDC 2022
- The Murena One shows exactly how hard it is to de-Google your smartphone
- Google is combining Meet and Duo into a single app for voice and video calls
The Vergecast /
The podcast you need to make sense of the week in tech news