If you’ve been waiting to score a phenomenal deal on an Amazon device, today’s your lucky day. This year’s Amazon Prime Day is delivering a ton of great deals, but some of the best — naturally — are on Amazon’s own products. So if you’ve been eyeing the newest Kindle or one of the many Alexa-powered smart displays, now is a good time to make the leap.
Below, we’ve listed the best Prime Day discounts available on Amazon devices, from e-readers and smart speakers to TVs, home security systems, and even Wi-Fi routers. Also, if you’re looking for deals on non-Amazon goods, be sure to check out our massive list of the best Prime Day deals happening right now. Just remember: you’ll need to sign up for Amazon Prime to take advantage of Amazon’s deals.
2021 Kindle Paperwhite$14021% off
Amazon’s new Kindle Paperwhite has a 6.8-inch, E Ink display with adjustable color temperature for nighttime reading. It also boasts a faster processor, additional battery life, IPX8 waterproofing, and — finally — a USB-C port.
- The standard 2021 Kindle Paperwhite normally starts at $139, but right now, you can buy the ad-supported model equipped with 8GB of storage for $94.99 instead, or the ad-free model for $109.99 ($45 off). You can also buy the Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition equipped with 32GB of storage for $129.99 ($60 off), or the kid-friendly version of the 2021 Kindle Paperwhite for $104.99 ($55 off). Read our Kindle Paperwhite 2021 review.
If the latest Kindle Paperwhite is out of your budget, you can currently buy the last-gen, ad-supported Kindle Paperwhite with 32GB of storage for its best price in select colors. Regularly $159.99, Amazon is selling the e-reader for $89.99 instead. Although it lacks months-long battery life and USB-C support like the new model, the 2018 Kindle Paperwhite is still a good, waterproof e-reader that will last you weeks. Read our review .
- Finally, if both the aforementioned e-readers are too expensive for you, Amazon is taking up to 50 percent off the entry-level Kindle. Right now, you can buy the ad-supported model for $44.99 or the ad-free model for $59.99, both of which are $45 off.
Smart display deals
Amazon Echo Show 8 (second-gen)$13042% off
The Echo Show 8 is the midsized smart display in Amazon’s current Echo lineup and can be used to display the weather, news, calendars, grocery lists, and more. You can also use it to control your smart home devices, stream videos, or listen to music. It even supports video calling via Zoom and Amazon’s Alexa calling service.
- Amazon’s second-generation Echo Show 8 is the best smart display for most people and is currently on sale for just $74.99 ($55 off) at Amazon, a new record low. Unlike the first-gen model, which is on sale for $54.99 ($55 off), the latest model is capable of keeping moving subjects centered in the frame during video calls. You can also use the Alexa-enabled smart speaker to make Zoom calls, control smart home devices, watch movies, and more. Read our reviews of the second-gen and first-gen Echo Show 8.
Amazon Echo Show 15$25032% off
The Echo Show 15 is a large wall-mounted device that acts as a shared hub for families to view upcoming calendar appointments, virtual notes, and more. The 15.6-inch device also features the same Alexa functionality as other Echo displays and smart speakers.
- Amazon’s Echo Show 15 and third-gen Echo Show 10 are a little different from the other smart displays in the Echo lineup but offer similar functionality. Both are also much more expensive at $249.99, but you can save $70 on both for a limited time. For the unfamiliar, the Echo Show 15 (on sale for $179.99) is a large, wall-mounted device with a 15.6-inch touch display families could use as a bulletin board or you could even use as a 1080p TV. Meanwhile, Amazon’s rotating Echo Show 10 — which is currently going for $179.99 — is mounted on a motorized, swiveling base and thus can follow you during video calls. Read our Echo Show 15 and Echo Show 10 reviews.
- The second-gen Echo Show 5 is also on sale for $34.99, which is a $50 discount. The smaller, 5.5-inch display is particularly well suited for your nightstand, especially given you can use it to set alarms and snooze them by simply tapping the top. You can also use the display to play music, get the weather report, and perform other Alexa-enabled tasks. Read our review.
Smart speaker deals
Amazon Echo Dot (fourth-gen)$5050% off
The 2020 Echo Dot features a more spherical design than an actual dot but can still do all the things Alexa does with other Echo models.
- If you don’t mind its orb-like design, you can buy the fourth-gen Echo for $59.99 ($40 off). The fourth-gen Echo is much better than the cheaper fourth-gen Echo Dot with a built-in smart home hub and produces far better sound. Read our Echo (fourth-gen) review
- However, if you prefer something more affordable, the budget-friendly fourth-gen Echo Dot is half of at $19.99 (and comes with a free six-month Amazon Music Unlimited subscription to boot) while
you can also get either a free smart bulbor add an Amazon smart plug for $5 more. The Echo Dot 4 is a smart speaker with good sound quality that you can also use to set timers and alarms, control other smart home devices, and more with just your voice. Read our Echo Dot (fourth-gen) review.
- The third-gen Echo Dot is also on sale for $17.99 ($22 off) and
with a free smart bulbto boot. It doesn’t sound as great as the latest model, but it’s still a good smart speaker you can use to set alarms, control smart home gadgets hands-free, and carry out a range of tasks via Alexa. Read our review.
Fire TV and Fire TV stick deals
Amazon Fire TV Omni (75-inch)$104931% off
Amazon’s Fire TV Omni features Dolby Vision and built-in microphones for Alexa commands. It also provides access to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, and most major streaming services.
- Various sizes of Amazon’s Fire TV Omni are on sale right now,
with the 55-inch model selling for$419.99 ($140 off) $319.99 ($240 off) .If you want support for Dolby Vision, however, you should buy the 65-inch for $499.99 ($330 off) or the 75-inch for $749.99 ($350 off). No matter which size you buy, all of the 4K TVs offer deep integration with Amazon Alexa, low input lag for gaming, and support for two-way video calling. Read our review.
- You can save $20 on Amazon’s Fire TV Stick 4K Max, which is currently on sale for $34.99. The excellent streaming stick offers better performance than the previous-gen Fire TV Stick 4K, along with support for Wi-Fi 6. Read our review.
- The Fire TV Cube is also on sale right now for $59.99, a $60 discount. The Cube combines an Alexa-equipped smart speaker with a streaming device, one that supports 4K content, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+.
Fire tablets deals
Amazon Fire HD 10 (32GB, with ads)$15043% off
The 2021 Fire HD 10 is the largest of Amazon’s Fire tablets. Unlike the previous generation, it sports a 1080p display and 3GB of RAM, which is plenty if you’re streaming, browsing, or consuming Amazon content.
- Amazon is discounting various configurations of the Fire HD 10 tablet. You can buy Amazon’s ad-supported Fire HD 10 tablet with 32GB of storage for $74.99 ($75 off) or the ad-free version for $89.99 ($75 off). If you’re on the market for a budget-friendly tablet to watch movies or read books, this is the one we’d recommend. Read our review.
- The ad-supported Fire HD 10 Plus — which comes with an extra gigabyte of RAM, a soft-touch finish, and wireless charging — is also $75 off and on sale for $104.99.
- You can also get $45 off of Amazon’s Fire HD 8 tablet. The ad-supported, 32GB model is on sale for $44.99 and comes with a USB-C port and a faster MediaTek processor than its predecessor.
Verge Deals on Twitter /
Join nearly 50,000 followers and keep up with the best daily tech deals with @vergedeals
Home security deals
Ring Video Doorbell (wired)$6538% off
The Ring Video Doorbell is one of Ring’s more basic doorbells, with 1080p video, night vision, and support for either wired or battery-powered operation.
- Ring is discounting both the hardwired and battery-powered versions of the Ring Video Doorbell it launched last year, selling the former for $48.99 ($16 off) and the latter for $169.99 ($50 off). Both offer a 1080p HD video doorbell, night vision, custom motion detection zones, and support for other Ring products and services. You can also buy the battery-powered, 2020 model for $74.99 ($25 off), although last year’s wire-free model offers — at least on paper — better battery life and improved video reviewers so you can see more complete motion events.
- For a more budget-friendly alternative, you can buy the Blink Video doorbell for $34.99 ($15 off) or the full system, which comes with one Sync Module 2 and mounting kit, for $50.98 ($34 off). Both offer a 1080p HD video doorbell, although Blink doesn’t offer person detection or HDR imaging.
- If you’re looking for an outdoor security camera, Blink is selling its wireless, three-camera kit for $124.99 ($125 off) alongside the Sync Module 2 for connectivity, as well as a single third-gen Blink Outdoor camera for $84.98 ($55 off). Alternatively, you can buy a single Blink Outdoor with an add-on solar charger mount for $74.98 ($55 off). Both offer battery life that lasts up to two years on two AA batteries and come with support for motion detection and 1080p video.
- If you’re on the market for an indoor camera, you can buy a pair of wired Blink Minis for just $29.99 ($35 off). The basic security cameras allow for two-way audio and 1080p recording, but you’ll have to pay extra for cloud storage if you’re a new Blink customer. Read our review of the Blink Mini indoor camera.
Eero Pro 6E tri-band router$29940% off
Eero’s Pro 6E mesh router is the Amazon-owned company’s latest top-of-the-line model. It supports the 6GHz Wi-Fi band with speeds of up to 1.3Gbps and covers up to 2,000 square feet with one unit. Wired speeds can go up to 2.5Gbps.
Eero 6 Plus (two-pack)$24020% off
The Eero 6 Plus is a dual-band, gigabit system that supports over 75 simultaneously connected devices. Right now, it’s on sale at Amazon (for Prime members) and Wellbots when you use offer code EEROVERGE at checkout.
- You can boost the speed of your Wi-Fi router while saving hundreds thanks to Prime Day’s deals on Eero mesh Wi-Fi routers. The latest Eero Pro 6E, which is the company’s first 6GHz-capable router and the first to support faster than gigabit speeds, is on sale for $179, a $120 discount. If you want more, you can also save $200 when you buy a two-pack for $299 or a three-pack for $419 (280 off). Read our review.
- The Pro 6E’s predecessor, the Eero Pro 6 tri-band Wi-Fi 6 mesh router, is also on sale, and you can buy one for $148 ($81 off), a two-pack for $259 ($140 off), or a three-pack for $389 ($210 off). Despite being older, it’s still capable and good for those with have single gigabit speed. Plus, in our testing, this model actually offered faster speeds than the new Eero Pro 6E, and both have a Zigbee smart home hub built-in. Read our review.
- A three-pack of the midrange Eero 6 Plus is also on sale for $90 ($49 off)
$105, as is the Eero 6 dual-band Wi-Fi 6 mesh router, which is ideal for those running under 500Mbps speeds and is on sale for $71 ($18 off).
Amazon Smart Thermostat$6030% off
Developed in partnership with Resideo, the Amazon Smart Thermostat allows you to control the temperature of your home through Alexa voice controls and remotely via an app.
- The Amazon Smart Thermostat is one of the best thermostats we’ve ever tested. Despite its relatively low price, it can learn and adapt to your habits while offering a set of easy-to-use controls that support Alexa. You can currently buy it on Amazon for just $41.99 instead of $59.99, which is a new all-time low. Read our review.
- Amazon’s second-gen Echo Buds are on sale with a wired charging case for $69.99 ($50 off). The true wireless earbuds are a good pair of Bluetooth earbuds that offer great sound quality and noise cancellation for the price, as well as IPX4 water resistance and support for hands-free Alexa. Read our review.
- Amazon’s Luna Controller is designed for Amazon’s cloud gaming service, Luna, and comes with a separate Wi-Fi connection that should reduce input lag while playing games. Right now, it’s on sale for $39.99 ($30 off).
- The Amazon Glow is a fun gadget for kids combining an interactive projector with Amazon Kids Plus’ child-friendly content. Regularly $249.99 by itself, you can buy it alongside free Tangram Bits (physical puzzle pieces children uses to solve puzzles with friends, who can use digital pieces, remotely) for $149.99. We like that it offers good parental controls, but note an Amazon Kids Plus subscription and tablet are required. Read our review.
- You can also buy the Echo Glow multicolor smart lamp for kids for $16.99 instead of $29.99. Kids can use the smart light to add colorful lighting while playing or listening to music and more.
- The new Amazon Halo View fitness tracker is on sale for $44.99 instead of $79.99. The tracker offers features like step and calorie counting, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and more. Just note it doesn’t track distance or pace for running and walking. Read our review.
- You can add voice control to your plug outlets when you buy Amazon’s Smart Plug for $12.99 instead of $24.99. This plug integrates nicely with Alexa-enabled devices with very little setup required, but note it only works with Alexa and indoors.