Labor Day weekend marks the bittersweet end of summer, but in the midst of kids heading back to school and the world of tech about to pop off with new stuff, there are deals and sales to take advantage of. Yes, Labor Day is meant to honor the American worker — and of course, the only way we really know how to celebrate is by spending. But to help your dollars go further in our gadget-filled world, we’re compiling some of the best tech deals happening from the lead-up to Labor Day and through the holiday weekend.
Many deals and discounts are already available, and some run through Monday, September 5th. While some may not be explicitly labeled as Labor Day promotions, they’re just good deals regardless and worthy of your attention — ranging from Apple stuff to earbuds to smart home tech and more.
13-inch MacBook Pro with M2 (256GB)
The 13-inch MacBook Pro uses the M2 chip and can be configured to have up to 64GB of unified memory.
The new 16-inch MacBook Pro is a creative powerhouse equipped with Apple’s latest silicon. Configurable with either the M1 Pro or M1 Max, the 16-inch screen can be lent out to up to three external displays and a 4K TV simultaneously thanks to its vast array of ports.
- Apple’s 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro laptops are selling for their lowest prices. The base 14-inch with an M1 Pro processor, 512GB SSD, and 16GB of RAM is down to $1,599 ($400 off) at Best Buy, while the 16-inch with a similar configuration is $2,099 ($400 off) at Best Buy and Amazon. These are excellent laptops for creatives and power users, and the best deals around. Read our reviews.
- The 2021 Apple TV 4K, complete with its redesigned Siri remote, is just $119.99 (about $59 off) for the 32GB configuration at Amazon and Best Buy. It’s only about $10 off the mark from its all-time low price. Read our review.
- The AirPods Max noise-canceling headphones are down to their best price of $429 ($120 off) in select colors at Amazon. These premium cans have excellent sound and support for Apple’s spatial audio. Read our review.
- Apple’s latest entry-level iPad is on sale in the base configuration for $279.99 (about $50 off) at Best Buy and Target. That’s $20 less than its usual sale price and the best price to date on the 10.2-inch tablet. Then again, it’s possible a new model may be coming soon.
2021 iPad (Wi-Fi)
Apple’s entry-level iPad from 2021 has a 10.2-inch screen, an A13 Bionic chip, and a 12MP front camera that supports Apple’s Center Stage feature. It’s also compatible with the first-gen Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard and is the only iPad that still has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- If you have a newer iPad, you can pick up Apple's latest Apple Pencil at Amazon, Target, and Best Buy for a mere $99 ($30 off), which matches the best price we’ve seen on the capable stylus. Unlike its predecessor, the second-gen model offers wireless charging while docked to the side of your tablet, along with a set of simple gesture controls.
Laptop, tablet, and accessory deals
ThinkPad X1 Nano (16GB, 256GB SSD)
The ThinkPad X1 Nano is lightweight and ideal for business travel, offering excellent performance and exceptional build quality.
- Lenovo is offering several laptops as part of its ongoing Labor Day sale, including the ThinkPad X1 Nano, the lightest model in its ThinkPad line, and our top pick for business travel. It’s currently just $1,239.50 (50 percent off) with 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, and an 11th-gen Intel Core i5 CPU when you use promo code THINKCTODEAL1. Read our review.
- Amazon is discounting its Fire HD 8, HD 10, and HD 10 Plus tablets by as much as 22 percent off right now. This knocks the affordable Fire HD 8 down to just $69.99 ($20 off) and the Fire HD 10 — the best Fire tablet for most people — down to $129.99 ($30 off). Read our Fire HD 10 review.
- If you need a cheap-ish tablet that’s more kid-friendly, Amazon also has the Kids versions of the Fire HD 8, Fire 8 HD Pro, Fire HD 10, and Fire HD 10 Pro for up to 21 percent off. The best option for kids ages three to seven is the Fire HD 10 Kids for $169.99 ($30 off), while the Fire HD 10 Kids Pro is the same price and suitable for kids ages six to 12. Read our review of the Fire HD 10 Kids.
- Drop is running a variety of Labor Day deals through September 5th, ranging from headsets to mechanical keyboards to keycaps. For example, the current promo includes the lovely white-on-purple Drop + MiTo GMK Serenity base keycap set for $99 ($41 off) and the Tokyo60 60-percent keyboard kit for $119 ($41 off). That HHKB-inspired kit features an aluminum case, though it’s BYO switches and keycaps.
- You can take a one-way trip to dongle town for less right now, since Satechi is hosting a sitewide sale through the holiday weekend that takes 20 percent off with promo code LD20. The current sale includes one of our favorite WFH gadgets, Satechi’s USB-C Multi-port Adapter V2, for $72 ($17.99 off).
Earbud and Headphone deals
Jabra Elite 7 Pro
The Elite 7 Pro, the highest-end version of Jabra’s new Elite series of earbuds, build upon the 85t with a more compact fit while keeping many of the features that made their predecessor so good.
- Jabra’s multipoint-equipped Elite 7 Pro earbuds are still down to an all-time low of $129.99 ($70 off) at Amazon and Best Buy. These were lacking that vital multipoint feature at launch, but it was recently added via a firmware update. Read our review.
- Google’s entry-level Pixel Buds A-Series earbuds may not be the new kid on the block like the new Pixel Buds Pro, but they are a bargain at around $69 ($30 off) at Amazon, Best Buy, and Google. Read our review.
- Sony’s open-style LinkBuds look unorthodox, but they’re comfy and let ambient sound in. They’re on sale right now for about $158 ($22 off) at Amazon and Target. Read our review.
- Speaking of open-style listening, Shokz is running discounts on various bone conduction headphones through Sunday, September 4th. This includes the excellent OpenRun headphones for $103.95 ($26 off), which are IP67-rated for water and sweat resistance.
Beats Fit Pro
The Beats Fit Pro earbuds have integrated wing tips that help keep them secure during runs and workouts. They also have excellent noise cancellation, and their sound has just the right amount of bass and kick to keep you motivated.
- The superb Beats Fit Pro — which are easily one of our favorite pairs of running earbuds — are on sale once again at Best Buy, Target, Amazon, where you can pick them up for just shy of $180. They fit more securely than the AirPods Pro, yet they offer the same excellent noise cancellation and Apple’s handy transparency mode. Read our review.
- The UE Fits automatically-molding earbuds adapt to your ears and are currently on sale direct from Ultimate Ears for an all-time low of $159 ($40 off). Read our review.
- GameStop is selling the Shure Aonic 50 for $249 ($50 off) in white or black. Shure may be better known for producing microphones more than headphones, but this pair of noise-canceling headphones is right up there with some of the best in our buying guide.
Smart home deals
- Google’s latest Nest Hub smart display is widely available and on sale for $54.99 ($45 off) at Home Depot, Best Buy, and Target. Its seven-inch display is great for streaming shared photo albums via Google Photos or getting a quick glimpse at the weather. Read our review.
- If the standard Nest Hub is too small for you, you can go big with the Google Nest Hub Max, which offers a 10-inch display and is on sale for $174 ($55 off) at Best Buy, Home Depot, and Target. It’s the better option for those who have space and can justify the price, as it’s much better for listening to music and has a front-facing camera for video calls. Read our review.
Ring Floodlight Cam Pro
The Ring Floodlight Cam Pro comes in a wired or plug-in version for flexible installation and delivers crisp, high-quality video with adjustable motion detection, 2000 lumens of light, and a good digital zoom. It only offers smart alerts for people or motion, however, and works with Ring or Alexa apps but not any other smart home platform.
- The Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro is $199.99 ($50 off) at Best Buy and Amazon. It’s the best option around if you use Amazon Alexa and want a bird’s eye view of your property in 1080p resolution with bright, adjustable lights and a siren. Read our buying guide.
- The Google Nest Learning Thermostat might be a little long in the tooth but it remains a great smart home accessory that learns your habits and adjusts the HVAC accordingly on its own. It’s on sale right now for $189 ($60 off) at Best Buy, Home Depot, and Amazon.
- Ring’s base model Video Doorbell may not be as feature-rich as its higher-end counterparts, but the 1080p-capable wired / wireless-compatible doorbell is just $84.99 ($15 off) at Home Depot, Amazon, and Best Buy. Read our video doorbell buying guide.
- Govee is offering up to 50 percent off select smart lighting products, and some are even cheaper on Amazon. For example, the Govee DreamView G1 Pro Gaming Light is on sale for $129.99 ($50 off) when you click the on-page coupon on Amazon. Read our review.
- Amazon’s third-gen Echo Show 10 is currently discounted at Amazon, Target, and Best Buy to $199.99, which is $50 off and nearly matches the smart speaker’s best price to date. The Show 10 is similar to other Alexa-equipped smart displays, however, unlike the smaller Show 5 and 8, the 10.1-inch Show 10 is mounted on a motorized, swiveling base that can follow you as you move, making it a great companion for video calls. Read our review.
Amazon’s rotating Echo Show 10 has a motor within its cylindrical base that lets its 10.1-inch display spin around to find you, so you’ll always have the screen within view. It’s the best smart display for making video calls.
- Roborock is offering a bunch of discounts on its robot vacuums through Saturday, September 2nd, to celebrate its eighth anniversary. The promo includes the Roborock S7 Plus — an excellent hybrid vacuum and mop — and an auto-emptying station for $679.99 (about $270 off). Read our review and buying guide.
Samsung 980 Pro (1TB, with heatsink)
Samsung’s 980 Pro is a fast PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD that’s capable of sequential read speeds of up to 7,000MB/s and write speeds of up to 5,000MB/s. These specs make it a great choice for a modern PCIe 4.0-equipped PC or for a PS5.
- Samsung’s 1TB 980 Pro SSD with a heatsink is perfect for expanding your PS5’s storage, and it’s down to $139.99 ($40 off) at Amazon and Best Buy.
- The Logitech G435 Lightspeed is down to its usual low of around $50 ($30 off) at Amazon and Best Buy right now. The G435 remain one of the best multiplatform wireless gaming headsets you can buy, as long as you don’t game on Xbox consoles. Read our guide to the best gaming headsets.
- Sony’s terrific DualSense Wireless Controller for the PlayStation 5 is on sale at Adorama right now in the purple colorway for $64, which remains one of the better prices we’ve seen on the immersive next-gen controller. Read our review.
Google Pixel 6
Google’s lower priced Pixel 6 has the same Tensor processor and 50-megapixel primary camera as the Pixel 6 Pro but with a smaller (flat) display and no dedicated telephoto camera. But you’re getting largely the same experience in a more affordable, easier-to-handle form factor.
- The Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are still discounted, which makes sense since we may be just over a month away from an expected Pixel 7 release. An unlocked Pixel 6 with 128GB of storage is just $499 ($100 off) at Google, Best Buy, and Target, while the Pixel 6 Pro starts at $649 ($250 off) at Google, Best Buy, and Amazon. Read our reviews of both phones here.
- Among its other Labor Day deals, Best Buy is offering a trade-in promo on the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 or Z Flip 4 foldable phones. You can save up to $1,200 on the new Galaxy Z phones via an in-store trade-in and activation. Also, if you subscribe to Best Buy’s Totaltech service, you’ll receive a $100 Best Buy gift card.