clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Circuit Breaker

Enclave’s WiSA speakers add THX certified wireless sound to LG’s new OLED TVs

New, 5 comments

They’ll connect via WiSA to LG’s 2019 OLED TVs

Image: Enclave

Enclave’s latest 5.1 wireless surround sound systems, the CineHome II and CineHome Pro, are now available to buy following their announcement back in August. Both use the WiSA wireless standard, meaning they can connect wirelessly to LG’s 2019 NanoCell and OLED TVs using a WiSA USB Transmitter (sold separately). The CineHome Pro is also THX certified, a first for a WiSA 5.1 wireless home theater system, according to Enclave.

Alternatively, if your TV isn’t WiSA-ready then Enclave will sell you a CineHub transmitter. You connect your TV to it via HDMI (both ARC and eARC standards are supported), optical, analogue, or Bluetooth, and then it can transmit up to 24-bit, 96kHz audio over a discrete wireless network that’s designed to minimize lag or interference. The transmitter is available for $149.99, or $99.99 when bundled with either speaker system. You’ll also need to use the CineHub if you want to take advantage of the Pro’s full THX certification.

The Cinehome II costs $999.99.
Image: Enclave
While the CineHome Pro costs $1,499.99, but has THX Certification.
Image: Enclave

Although you won’t have to worry about running speaker cables to each of the six speakers, you’ll still have to ensure each of them are powered. In many cases this means you end up swapping a speaker cable for a power cord. However, if you’ve got power outlets behind your couch, then this could be a lot more convenient than running a speaker cable all the way from your TV.

The CineHome II and CineHome Pro are available now for $999.99 and $1,499.99 respectively. The CineHome Pro earns its $500 price premium thanks to having more speaker drivers and a larger subwoofer, in addition to its THX certification.

Correction: This article previously stated that LG’s WiSA Ready TVs can connect to these speakers without a transmitter. This is incorrect. You’ll still need to use a WiSA certified USB transmitter.