It has only been two weeks since Marvel announced that that a woman would take up Thor’s hammer in the comics, but attendees of Comic-Con 2014 have eagerly embraced the news. This year, Marvel is the top choice for cosplayers looking for inspiration, and mixed in with all the Deadpools, Captain Americas, and Winter Soldiers, we found a number of women wielding Mjolnir and excited about the direction Marvel is taking its comics.
- This cosplayer told us she’s actually had this Thor costume for years, but was excited to use it again after Marvel’s news.
- By Odin’s beard!
- Marvel says the new character is "not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR”
- Focusing on just one character gives you a chance to see how many ways people can style their costumes.
- They look happy now, but wait til the frost giants invade.
- This detailed costume was pattered on the promotional image for the new Thor that Marvel released just 12 days ago. "I'm not 'the new female Thor,' I am Thor!"
- By diversifying its lineup, Marvel may be able to broaden its appeal.