Last week was Apple’s time to shine with the introduction of the iPhone XS and XS Max and Apple Watch 4, but the tail end of this week was all about Amazon. It announced more than 10 products at its hardware event in Seattle, consisting of a few redesigned popular sellers, and several additions to its Alexa-powered arsenal.
Preorders for most of its new tech are open, and the products should start shipping in mid-October. If you think you can hold off, we’re likely to see discounts for most, if not all, of these Amazon products come Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- The new Echo Dot costs $49.99, but Amazon will sell you two for $90
- Amazon’s new Echo Show is up for preorder at $229.99, but you’ll save $100 if you buy a second one
- If you’re in need of a new Kindle e-reader or Fire tablet, Amazon is offering Prime members up to $40 off one of these already pretty cheap devices
The PlayStation Classic won’t be released until December, but you can preorder now at Best Buy, Walmart and GameStop for $99.99. It’s not technically a deal, but you’ll either wait until the holidays, pay more than MSRP, or both if you don’t order ahead of time.
Nvidia’s latest GPU, the RTX 2080, is shipping now for those who preordered (though the 2080 Ti has been delayed a week). If you want something quite a bit cheaper, Newegg has you covered with a few GTX 10-series card discounts:
If you want to give your iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max the ability to fast charge, you’ll have to spend some extra money. However, you don’t have to spend anywhere close to $70 on the official Apple adapter and cable combo.
- Anker’s USB-C wall charger supports the USB-C Power Delivery standard, which is all you need to charge your iPhone quickly, and it’s now $10 off on Amazon
- At about $20, Apple’s USB-C to Lightning cable isn’t as egregiously priced as its power adapter, but you can snag Aukey’s USB-C to Lightning cable for just above $16