Whether your Nintendo Switch is brand-new or you’ve had it since launch, it’s always good to stock up on games when they’re discounted. Today’s one of those days, and you can find digital versions of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Octopath Traveler, Splatoon 2, and more for nearly $20 off of their original price at GameStop until January 10th. Other retailers have joined the mix, though their sale end dates aren’t as transparent. No matter where you like to shop, you won’t find Super Mario Odyssey or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild looped into this sale, but chances are good that you probably already own them.
Unless you’re buying around the holidays, Nintendo games rarely see major discounts. On other consoles, you can get blockbuster titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for $30 or sometimes $40 off of their regular price, so it’s not surprising if $20 off of a $60 game doesn’t immediately ring your bell. But if you’re after Switch games, paying the so-called “Switch tax” to have the convenience of playing games both at home and on the go is worth a few extra dollars.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (digital) is $41.99 at GameStop and Best Buy. Target has the physical copy for the same price.
- Octopath Traveler (digital) is $41.99 at GameStop and Best Buy. If you want the physical version, Target has it for the same price.
- Splatoon 2 (digital) is $41.99 at GameStop and Best Buy. For the physical version at this price, head to Target.
- ARMS (digital) is $41.99 at GameStop and Best Buy. Like the others, you can find the physical copy at Target for this price.
- Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (digital) is $41.99 at GameStop and Best Buy. Target has you covered if you want the physical version.