Prime Day 2019 starts on Monday, July 15th, but Amazon has announced that it will knock the prices on a bunch of products down a day before it begins, starting on Sunday, July 14th, at 3PM ET / 12PM PT. Two of the announced deals below will begin first thing Monday morning.
As far as what you’ll find for less, the list is already pretty big. There’s a good mix of Amazon Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV streaming devices, Echo smart speakers, and more. Some products that usually avoid hitting the discount chopping block have been included, too.
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite with 32GB storage is $109.99 (usually $159.99). This e-reader, pictured above, sits atop our roundup of the best e-readers that you can buy. It’s waterproof, and its display has a much higher pixel density than the cheaper Kindle, so it’s easier on the eyes. Plus, this model boasts far more internal storage. That’s especially useful for Audible audiobooks, if you have a subscription.
- Amazon Kindle Oasis (second gen) with 8GB storage is $174.99 (usually $249.99, starts July 15th at 3AM ET / 12AM PT). This is the second-generation Oasis, meaning that it won’t have the adjustable color temperature display of the newly announced model, but if you can live without that, it’s the best price yet on Amazon’s top-of-the-line Kindle.
- Amazon Kindle e-reader is $59.99 (usually $89.99)
- Amazon Echo smart speaker costs $49.99 (beating the lowest price yet by $15)
- Amazon Echo Plus smart speaker costs $109.99 (usually $149.99)
- Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker is $22.99 (an all time low, by $1)
- Amazon Echo Show smart display is $159.99 (usually $229.99)
- Amazon Echo Show 5 smart display is $49.99 (usually $89.99)
- Amazon Fire 7 tablet is $29.99 (usually $49.99). I recently spent time with this tablet, and it can handle basic tasks well, considering the low price. Due to running Fire OS 6, which is not pure Android software, its app offering is limited. However, installing Google Play Store on it is a fun weekend project. (A two-pack of Amazon Fire 7 tablets is $49.98 (usually $99.98) just add two to your cart.)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet is $49.99 (usually $79.99). This and the larger Fire HD 10 have similar limitations to the Fire 7, though they’re bigger, faster, and have HD displays. (A two-pack of Amazon Fire HD 8 tablets is $79.98 (usually $159.98), just add two to your cart.)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet is $99.99 (usually $149.99)
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device is $24.99 (usually $49.99). Before a few days ago, the biggest caveat associated with the Fire TV Stick 4K, and lots of other Amazon devices with screens, is that you can’t easily watch YouTube on them. That recently changed, so this is a great deal with fewer caveats than before.
- Amazon Fire TV Cube is $69.99 (usually $119.99)
- Ring Video Doorbell is $69.99 (usually $99.99)
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro is $169.99 (usually $249.99)
- eero Pro WiFi System (set of 3 eero Pros) for $299 (usually $499)
- eero Home WiFi System (1 eero Pro + 1 eero Beacon) for $149 (usually $299)
- A two-pack of Blink XT2 security cameras for outdoor and indoor use is $99.99 (usually $179.99). Compared to the original XT, this one has improved two-year battery life from just two AA batteries, and enhanced motion detection. Amazon launched this camera a few months ago, and this deal is basically a “buy one, get one free” situation.
We’ll be tracking the very best prices throughout the week, so stay tuned to The Verge for the latest Prime Day 2019 deals on tech that you need to know about.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.
Verge Deals on Twitter /
Keep up with our best tech deals daily on Twitter with @vergedeals