If you want fast, consistent Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home, you should think about getting a mesh Wi-Fi system. A single wireless router can only cover so much ground before the signal starts to deteriorate, but placing mesh Wi-Fi beacons around your house helps to vastly broaden the coverage without a noticeable decrease in download or upload speed.
Several mesh Wi-Fi systems are discounted for Amazon Prime Day 2019. Brands like Amazon’s own eero, Netgear’s Orbi, Nokia’s mesh Wi-Fi bundles, Google, and others are participating with some deals you might be interested in.
You might lean toward one brand over an other, but something you should keep in mind is tri-band versus dual-band support. The eero Pro router, Netgear’s Orbi, and the Nokia Beacon 3 (each of which are discounted below) offer tri-band support. Instead of competing for bandwidth with your devices on two bands, these have a third band that’s for the mesh Wi-Fi nodes to communicate on. That’s very helpful if you have fast internet service, such as gigabit, running through your home.
- eero Pro mesh Wi-Fi system (contains one eero Pro router and two eero beacons, pictured above) is $199.99 at Amazon. This is the lowest price that we’ve seen yet, beating the previous best price when Amazon acquired eero earlier in 2019.
- If you don’t have a large space, eero’s $149 mesh Wi-Fi system will probably suit you fine. This is $50 cheaper than the previous best price, and comes with one eero Pro router and a single eero beacon.
- On the flipside, the ultimate eero offering that contains three eero Pro routers for $299. $399 was the best price that we’d seen a few months ago, and this is a great deal if you have a lot of ground to cover, as well as a lot of ethernet devices to connect to your network (each eero Pro has two ethernet ports).
- Google Wifi routers are discounted for Prime Day, with single units costing $88.99. Those usually cost $99. If you have more room to cover, you’ll want a three-piece kit that can offer more coverage. That will cost you $229 (down from $299) through the rest of Amazon Prime Day. Google’s Wifi beacons are each dual-band (one 2.4GHz, one 5GHz band), which makes them less ideal if you have very fast internet service in your home.
- Netgear’s Orbi mesh Wi-Fi system is cheaper for Prime Day. An Orbi three-pack (one router, two beacons) is only $199.99 (usually $289.83). The latest Orbi is a tri-band system, so this is also a good option to consider if you have fast home internet service.
- Nokia makes its own mesh Wi-Fi system, as well. It’s called the Nokia WiFi Beacon 3, and you can get a two-pack of routers for $279.75. This set usually costs $349.99. Like the eero Pro and Orbi, each Beacon 3 router offers tri-band support. The Beacon 3 also offers 4x4 MiMO on its 5GHz network, providing higher bandwidth to your devices than other options.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.
Verge Deals on Twitter /
Keep up with our best tech deals daily on Twitter with @vergedeals