All the buzz of yesterday’s Apple Mac event and today’s Google Pixel launch might fall a little bit flat if you’re a Samsung fan. While there is an Unpacked 2 event set for Wednesday, we’re not expecting any major new announcements aside from some fun color customization options. In the meantime, a big highlight of today is Best Buy’s deal on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, knocking $150 off an unlocked model of your choice.
The Galaxy Z Flip 3 is the latest model of Samsung’s normal-phone-that-folds-into-an-extra-small-phone form factor. Upon its release just two months ago, the Z Flip 3 immediately became the foldable phone to get, with a much more aggressive price compared to its Fold 3 brethren: $1,000. Now you can get it unlocked from Best Buy in phantom black, green, lavender, or cream colorways for just $850. Amazon is matching the price as well. Read our review.
Note that the Best Buy deals in this roundup are price-protected through November 26th (the yellow banner that says Black Friday Price Guarantee is what to look for), so if the price drops even more, the retailer will credit you the difference between now and then.
If you’re not in the Samsung camp of Android phones, there might be another deal worth your while. The OnePlus 9 Pro 5G is $270 off today at Best Buy, bringing the 256GB model down to $800 in either pine green or morning mist finishes. B&H is also matching that deal price until October 22nd, though Best Buy’s early Black Friday deals offer that price protection.
The 9 Pro is a powerful OnePlus phone featuring the Snapdragon 888 processor, and it finally gets the camera right, utilizing a Hasselblad co-branded multi-camera setup. The recent software updates even brought with it a unique blast from the analog photography past, resurrecting Hasselblad’s XPan double-wide frame as a new shooting mode on the OnePlus 9 Pro. It’s certainly a unique way to shoot with a smartphone and with a fun lineage. Read our review.
Wake up with a sweet deal! That is exactly what this one is, a great deal that can help you be a morning person — or at least, try. The Lenovo Smart Clock, equipped with the Google Assistant, is a tiny screen nicely suited for a bedside table. There have been subsequent models released from Lenovo since this one came out in 2019, as well as competitors from Amazon’s Echo line, but today’s price on this model makes it more appealing than other options. The $80 smart clock is now just $35 at Best Buy in gray or charcoal, coming in well below its newer counterparts. Set alarms, check the weather, and get your morning updates all without getting out of bed. Just remember to actually get out of bed at some point if you really do strive to be that “morning person” type. Read our review.
MSI is known for bang-for-the-buck gaming performance, and this deal on the GF65 seems to be a prime example of that. The GF65 has a 15.6-inch 1080p LCD with 144Hz refresh rate, an Intel Core i5 10th Gen CPU, Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 3060, a 512GB SSD, and 8GB RAM. All of that, normally $1,100, is now just $850 today at Best Buy. That’s a savings of $250 and a decently powerful bit of gaming hardware in the sub-$1,000 bracket.
A few more deals to consider
- A four-pack of Meross Smart Plug Minis are just $32 when you clip the $8 coupon on Amazon. That brings the smart plug adapters down to just $8 each, allowing you to control all kinds of legacy plug-in devices with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Samsung’s SmartThings platform.
- The Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones are currently still discounted to $248 on Amazon in all three colors. Read our review.
- Today’s Amazon “Epic Daily Deals” include a selection of Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 models, starting at just $220. The standard Bluetooth 40mm model in black, silver, and pink gold run you the entry-level $220 price point, while the range tops off at $300 for the 44mm LTE models in black or green. Read our review.
- B&H has a daily deal today on select SanDisk memory, including a 128GB microSD card for just $20 and a 512GB microSD for $90 when you add either to your cart. Either could be perfect for expanding the storage space in a Nintendo Switch, and they’re even Nintendo-branded with adorable Super Mario mushroom and Animal Crossing leaf designs — even though you’ll never see them once you slot them into a console.
- On the other end of the spectrum from B&H’s SanDisk offerings, it has $100 off a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB CFexpress card for pro cameras, knocking the price down to $150. There are no fun designs for this card, because photographers and videographers prefer to be boring.