OnLive's mysterious assignee was Insolvency Services Group, whose CEO estimates that the company owed between $30 million and $40 million at the time the original company shut down.
British Telecom says it will likely have to write off its 2.6 percent investment in cloud gaming company OnLive, which dissolved and reformed after teetering on the verge of bankruptcy.
- Sony buys streaming games service OnLive only to shut it down Apr 2, 2015, 7:41pm EDT
- OnLive is back with a $14.99 plan to stream your Steam games anywhere Mar 5, 2014, 5:34pm EST
- OnLive chairman breaks silence, says the streaming game company 'expects great things' Mar 20, 2013, 1:35pm EDT
- 'The Witcher 2' finally comes to OnLive today, includes free PC copy if you pay for streaming Feb 28, 2013, 4:13pm EST
The Sony Internet Player with Google TV is listed as being compatible with the OnLive controller, leading VentureBeat to surmise that the game streaming service will arrive pre-installed on the set-top box.
Registration for OnLive's MultiView spectating software closed beta has begun. According to a rep from OnLive, the beta won't actually start for another four to six weeks.
Demoed for the first time this week at E3, Multiview can be seamlessly accessed from within any game on any OnLive device, including PCs, tablets, smartphones, and HDTVs.
It's now been two years since the cloud gaming service OnLive launched, and the company is celebrating with a number of new announcements.
- OnLive Desktop now based on Windows Server 2008, company silent about alleged licensing conflict Apr 9, 2012, 7:26pm EDT
- Is OnLive Desktop running Windows illegally? Mar 8, 2012, 2:26pm EST
- OnLive Desktop comes to Android tablets Mar 1, 2012, 4:01pm EST
- OnLive Desktop Plus has the fastest (virtual) web browser you've ever used, for $5 a month Feb 22, 2012, 7:33pm EST
It seems that OnLive Desktop is now based on Windows Server 2008 R2, and this change might have something to do with Microsoft licensing issues.
Remember how OnLive's free Cloud Desktop service let you use a virtual copy of Windows 7 on your iPad? Well, it didn't have a web browser, but if you pay $5 a month for the just-announced Cloud Desktop Plus tier, OnLive throws in a copy of Internet Explorer 9 with all the trimmings as well as priority access to the service.
OnLive's Windows 7 thin client for iPad is now available from the iTunes App Store. It's a 4.8MB free download, and you'll need an OnLive account to start toying around with the likes of Microsoft Office on the cloud service.
Google TV's attempted resurgence here at CES just got another push as Google has officially announced that OnLive will be coming to the platform as an app. The OnLive Viewer app is available now, which lets you use a few of OnLive's social features.
We noticed something rather curious when we got a first-hand look at Razer's Project Fiona prototype gaming slate: it's running OnLive, and it sure looks like the tablet is streaming games from remote servers rather than playing them using its Core i7 processor.
LG has just announced that it's going to integrate Gaikai's cloud gaming service, which streams games run on remote servers to your screen, into its 2012 Cinema 3D TVs. Like OnLive, Gaikai runs games on its hardware, and the video stream and your control input is sent to and from your home.