Xoom 2 Media Edition | Motorola
Motorola has placed Wi-Fi only versions of its Xyboard 8.2 and Xyboard 10.1 tablets up for preorder on its site. Previously only available in the UK, the tablets are said to be shipping on January 18th.
Verizon Motorola Droid Xyboard 8.2 and 10.1 tablets will be arriving in Verizon stores this month, however, they will set you back a fair amount: the 8.2 version starts at $430 and the 10.1 model at $530.
- Droid 4 QWERTY slider revealed, Droid Xyboard LTE tablets coming this month to Verizon Dec 2, 2011, 6:45am EST
- Droid Xyboard pricing and availability revealed in leaked Verizon MAP, original Xoom LTE reduced to $199.99 Nov 23, 2011, 7:19am EST
- Motorola Droid Xyboard 8.2 pictured with Verizon LTE Nov 18, 2011, 4:42pm EST
- Droid Xyboard branding to replace Xoom 2 name on Verizon? Nov 14, 2011, 7:11pm EST
Verizon just casually announced that it'll be launching two "Xyboard Droid" tablets from Motorola later this month — the mention is tucked into a press release noting the one-year anniversary of the carrier's 4G LTE network.
Motorola's upcoming Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition tablets appear to have been rebranded under the Droid Xyboard brand for Verizon. PocketNow received an image of a device matching the Xoom 2 Media Edition with Verizon LTE logos as well as a Droid Xyboard logo.
Verizon may put a new brand on its tablets: Droid Xyboard. The name may be first applied to the Motorola Xoom 2 and the Motorola Xoom Media Edition when the two tablets become available on the carrier.
- Motorola Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition official, hitting the UK and Ireland in mid-November Nov 3, 2011, 8:30am EDT
- Exclusive: Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition has an 8.2-inch IPS display, IR blaster, and weighs less than a pound (updated with pictures!) Sep 24, 2011, 3:44pm EDT
- Exclusive: Motorola Xoom 2 is 9mm thick, shoots 1080p, streams Netflix in HD Sep 24, 2011, 12:02pm EDT
- Motorola Xoom 2 pictures leak? Sep 23, 2011, 10:41pm EDT