For a show about a tiny alien, The Mandalorian sure had a huge impact. The first season of the series helped sell millions on Disney Plus, the company’s Netflix-style streaming service, while simultaneously showing how the Star Wars universe could translate to prestige television. It was, to put it succinctly, a hit — one that became even more popular thanks to the adorable Baby Yoda. Er, I mean, The Child.
The Verge guide to The Mandalorian
Everything you need to know about the Star Wars show on Disney Plus
The second season, meanwhile, faces a very different challenge. Not only does it have to live up to the hype generated by season 1, but it’s also releasing at a time when many of the biggest movies and TV shows have been indefinitely delayed due to the ongoing pandemic, making it arguably the biggest entertainment release of 2020.
To help you keep track of everything related to the show — reviews of the latest episodes, analyses on what its success means for Disney’s business, and yes, cute pictures of Baby Yoda — we’ve created this landing page to gather up all of the biggest Mandalorian stories in one place.
If you need to stay up to date — this is the way.
Episode 8, The Rescue, comes at a costChaim Gartenberg
Searching for the perfect time is complicatedJulia Alexander
What makes a hero — or a villain?Chaim Gartenberg
- The Mandalorian’s second season is going to get more Star Wars-y, in a good way
- The Mandalorian is back, and with it a reason to open Disney Plus again
- The Mandalorian is better the less like Star Wars it gets
- The Mandalorian’s “Passenger” episode recasts Star Wars’ heroes in new light
- The Mandalorian’s “The Heiress” episode questions what a Mandalorian actually is
- In “The Siege,” The Mandalorian’s biggest mystery is answered by diving into the prequels’ most controversial aspect
- The Mandalorian’s Clone Wars tie-in is the boost Disney Plus needed
- The Mandalorian is a video game hero, and “The Tragedy” finally turns up the difficulty
- The Mandalorian takes a stand on the line between good and evil in “The Believer”
- The Mandalorian collides with the broader Star Wars universe in its season 2 finale
Behind the scenes
- There is no ‘best’ time to release new Mandalorian episodes
- My favorite new Mandalorian character is a crew member who couldn’t get out of the shot
- How The Mandalorian teamed up with Fortnite creator Epic Games to create its digital sets
- The Mandalorian’s stunning set and technology get explored in first trailer for Disney Plus docuseries
- Disney Plus won its first Emmy awards thanks to The Mandalorian